03-30-2017 05:26 PM
49 12
tools
    All I'm getting is regular charging. I am using an adapter that fast charged my Nexus 6P. I've learned that doesn't matter. Anyone found a car charger that operates at a faster charging speeds?
    02-10-2017 12:33 AM
    I have a couple from Anker. They're available on Amazon. They fast charge (QC2) my Note 5 and my Girlfriends S7. Supercharge if I'm not mistaken is slightly different.
    02-10-2017 03:50 AM
    Supercharge if I'm not mistaken is slightly different.
    Yes, it is. The Mate has 3 charging speeds: normal, fast, super. I want to find a car charger that does one of the faster speeds. Haven't found one.
    02-12-2017 12:55 PM
    Try these Samsung fast car charger. Getting my Mate 9 tomorrow. I can test it for you.
    02-16-2017 03:09 AM
    You can use any Qualcomm certified Quick Charger Chargers from Amazon.
    02-16-2017 04:00 AM
    You can use any Qualcomm certified Quick Charger Chargers from Amazon.
    Have you tried one that you know works?
    02-17-2017 01:32 AM
    Try these Samsung fast car charger. Getting my Mate 9 tomorrow. I can test it for you.
    Thanks! Let me know how it goes!
    02-17-2017 01:32 AM
    Have you tried one that you know works?
    I use aukey qc 2.0 and qc 3.0 for my phones and happy with them.
    02-17-2017 01:37 AM
    I use aukey qc 2.0 and qc 3.0 for my phones and happy with them.
    Do they "fast charge" or "super charge" based on what they say on the screen? I'm hoping to get faster charging in my car.
    02-17-2017 01:45 AM
    Fast charging 60 ℅ in 30 min.
    02-17-2017 01:49 AM
    Fast charging 60 ℅ in 30 min.
    Awesome! Thanks for confirming. I'm headed over to Amazon!
    altaf.s likes this.
    02-17-2017 01:55 AM
    The VERIZON Dedicated USB Type C works great for me!
    02-23-2017 05:56 PM
    Well, I went ahead and bought the "AUKEY Car Charger, Flush Fit Quick Charge 3.0 Port for Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/Edge, LG G5, HTC 10 and More". It does not show "fast charging." Does yours show that? Is that the charger you bought?

03-03-2017 02:14 AM
    Well, I went ahead and bought the "AUKEY Car Charger, Flush Fit Quick Charge 3.0 Port for Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/Edge, LG G5, HTC 10 and More". It does not show "fast charging." Does yours show that? Is that the charger you bought?

It has quick charge 3. Fast charging is there in it.
    03-04-2017 01:58 AM
    It has quick charge 3. Fast charging is there in it.
    Hi,
    Yes it is, but not for Huawei gear. Sorry but your information is misleading.Qualcomm fast chargers are none compatible with Huawei products which use HiSilicon fast charger technology.
    Anyone who follows your advice will have a charger that will work, but will neither fast charge nor supercharge any Huawei product.
    03-04-2017 03:39 PM
    Hi,
    Yes it is, but not for Huawei gear. Sorry but your information is misleading.Qualcomm fast chargers are none compatible with Huawei products which use HiSilicon fast charger technology.
    Anyone who follows your advice will have a charger that will work, but will neither fast charge nor supercharge any Huawei product.
    Not sure where you got that info from but it's wrong. The mate 9 will take advantage of quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 however it isn't as fast as the proprietary Huawei supercharge. It all depends on the cable. If you use Huawei's cable with QC 3.0 chargers you will achieve speeds in the 2000+mA range. Without the Huawei cable you will be under 2000mA. With the Huawei block and cable you will be 3500+mA.

It will only say supercharge on the screen with Huawei's charger and cable. It will never say fast charging.
    03-04-2017 05:52 PM
    Hi. I have a selection of Huawei Superchargers and Huawei Quick chargers. I also have Qualcomm 3 chargers. With the Supercharger and original cable the Mate 9 will show "Supercharge". With the Quick charger be it with its original cable or the one from the Supercharger. "Fast charge" is displayed. With a Qualcomm 3 charger, yes the mobile will charge. The display on the Mate 9 shows "charging" but no matter what cable you use, the speed of charging will never match either the Huawei Quick charge or Supercharger plugs.
    03-05-2017 04:17 AM
    Have you measured the charge in ampere? I use an anker quick charge 3.0 charger with the Huawei cable an get upwards of 2400mA. With another cable I get around 1500mA using the same quick charge 3.0 block. With the Huawei charger and cable I get 3500mA up. Never has the phone said "fast charging" with any combination of blocks and cables. There's been multiple discussions on this very topic on XDA with the same results.

So no the speeds won't match but to say they aren't compatible and will not fast charge is not correct.
    03-05-2017 08:00 AM
    Hi, I will measure the different chargers and cables this evening (UK time.) I can assure you though that if you use a Huawei Quick charger (as distinct from the Huawei Supercharger) on the M9, it will show up as "Fast Charge" with any Huawei cable.
    03-05-2017 09:40 AM
    Hi, I will measure the different chargers and cables this evening (UK time.) I can assure you though that if you use a Huawei Quick charger (as distinct from the Huawei Supercharger) on the M9, it will show up as "Fast Charge" with any Huawei cable.
    Keep in mind, you are most likely on a different variant of the device. I have a Huawei Quick Charger coming tomorrow and will test it. So far the results I have are:

Huawei SuperCharger and Huawei cable - 3500+mA (SuperCharging)
    Huawei SuperCharger and other cable - 1500mA (Charging)
    Anker QuickCharge 3.0 with Huawei cable - 2000+mA as high as 2400mA (Charging)
    Anker QuickCharge 3.0 with other cable - 1500mA (Charging)
    ZTE QuickCharge 3.0 with Huawei Cable - 2000+mA (Charging)
    ZTE QuickCharge 3.0 with other Cable - 1500mA (Charging)

Again, changing the cable makes the biggest difference because the Huawei cable uses 2 extra pins than a standard USB-C cable.
    03-05-2017 09:55 AM
    Hi,
    I have tested the chargers below. Didn't bother about using non-original cables except for one test, as I am well aware of the two extra pin issue for Samsung Supercharger cables. They are relatively easy to obtain in the UK whilst the Supercharger plugs are as rare as hen teeth. As expected. I got "Super Charge" displayed with the Huawei Supercharger plug. "Fast Charge" for the Huawei Quick Charge plug and "Charge" displayed for the Qualcomm chargers.

Aukey Qualcomm 3 car charger with original Huawei cable - 1680mA.
    Samsung fast adaptive charger with Huawei original cable - 1760mA. (1720mA with an expensive substitute cable).
    Huawei Quick Charger with original Huawei cable - 2780mA
    Huawei Supercharger with original cable - usually around 3200mA.
    As far as I am concerned, yes you can use Qualcomm chargers for the Mate 9. However, you are much better off using Huawei chargers. Whilst here in the UK, the Huawei Supercharger isn't available, the Huawei Quick chargers are available, cheap and offer a performance advantage over any Qualcomm chargers.

Cheers
    Marsh
    03-05-2017 12:46 PM
    Hi,
    I have tested the chargers below. Didn't bother about using non-original cables except for one test, as I am well aware of the two extra pin issue for Samsung Supercharger cables. They are relatively easy to obtain in the UK whilst the Supercharger plugs are as rare as hen teeth. As expected. I got "Super Charge" displayed with the Huawei Supercharger plug. "Fast Charge" for the Huawei Quick Charge plug and "Charge" displayed for the Qualcomm chargers.

Aukey Qualcomm 3 car charger with original Huawei cable - 1680mA.
    Samsung fast adaptive charger with Huawei original cable - 1760mA. (1720mA with an expensive substitute cable).
    Huawei Quick Charger with original Huawei cable - 2780mA
    Huawei Supercharger with original cable - usually around 3200mA.
    As far as I am concerned, yes you can use Qualcomm chargers for the Mate 9. However, you are much better off using Huawei chargers. Whilst here in the UK, the Huawei Supercharger isn't available, the Huawei Quick chargers are available, cheap and offer a performance advantage over any Qualcomm chargers.

Cheers
    Marsh
    Thats odd that your Aukey only got 1680. My Anker hits over 2000, highest Ive seen is 2400. Maybe it being a car charger is the difference. Definitely the Huawei chargers and cables are faster but you can still get some nice speeds from the QC 3.0 devices as long as you use a Huawei cable. Ill be very curious to see tomorrow if the Huawei Quick Charger I ordered shows fast charging on the lockscreen as Ive yet to find a charger that will even when getting fast charge speeds.
    03-05-2017 01:47 PM
    This is with that Aukey QC 3.0 car charger and its included cable in my Volkswagen.

Anyone found a car charger that either fast charges or, even better, super charges?-screenshot_20170228-144137.jpg

I'll try it with the Aukey cable next time I get out in the car.
    03-05-2017 04:04 PM
    Hi Paul. You are getting the same result as me then. If you don't mind me asking, are you UK based? I wonder if the gear we are talking about is identical on both sides of the pond?
    03-05-2017 05:27 PM
    Hi Paul. You are getting the same result as me then. If you don't mind me asking, are you UK based? I wonder if the gear we are talking about is identical on both sides of the pond?
    I am in the US. Arizona. Bought on Amazon.
    03-05-2017 05:44 PM
49 12