Is the included SwiftKey app different from the Play Store version?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I seem to recall that SwiftKey was already installed when I got the phone. Am I remembering that right?

I am wondering if any of you are noticing that it works differently? It seems to be less accurate with its predictions. Of course, this could just be my poor typing or my mind playing tricks on me.

Anyone?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
All the Android phones I've gotten come w/ a built in swype keyboard, no app. I prefer that keyboard & have never had a reason to download an app except when I was using a iphone 4s years ago. I don't ever remember SwiftKey being one of the apps that has come w/ the phone. Idk if that helps.

If I had to download a swype keyboard it would be the Google Keyboard.

Hope that maybe helps a little

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
All the Android phones I've gotten come w/ a built in swype keyboard, no app.

If I had to download a swype keyboard it would be the Google Keyboard.

Hope that maybe helps a little

Actually, SwiftKey is not just a swipe keyboard. It has one of the most advanced word prediction algorithms out there. You can use it just to type on and get these advantages... until now it seems.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey for years. I believe it's the exact same version you can download in the Playstore. On my other phones I had the beta version so It was a bit different but not enough for me to want to download the beta version over the one pre-installed on this phone.

edit: I just checked and yes, Playstore version and pre-installed version are the same, Version 6.5.2.30, the beta Version is 6.5.3.21, last updated 2.9.17....... I have not noticed a change in predictions. I actually think it's better than the beta version. I have the beta version on my S7 Edge and noticed more errors with it. I thought maybe I had some settings set incorrectly but never bothered to research.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey