Hi all.

Still doing tests with my Mate 9, and I haven't understood how it manages push notifications. I don't know about you, but with mine, notifications are very capricious : with some apps it works perfectly, with some other apps it works sometimes, and with others it has never worked (e.g. LinkedIn).

It seems that the "automatic shutdown" of apps when phone is locked influences some apps, but not others (e.g. Twitter, which seems to work even if automatically closed). For a few other apps though, enabling automatic shutdown seems to totally stop push notifications...

I'm really lost... Do these problems come from bad coded apps? from Android 7? from automatic shutdown? from EMUI 5?

What are your experiences?
    off-signer likes this.
    02-13-2017 08:52 AM
    I've noticed there are a lot of weird quirks with this phone that I have never experienced with other phones. The one I can think of that is sort of related to the one you mention is that my battery stats app just periodically vanishes from the pull down shade. It also doesn't respond to the setting to not display the battery percentage in the notifcation bar. On or off in the app and it's always on in the bar. Worked perfectly on my previous phones.
    02-13-2017 11:03 AM
    Mine had a glitch not seen by others. A simple, from Settings => Erase and reinstall - not restore, not from boot screen - was all it took.

Yes it could just be changed in 7.0, or hardware, incompatible apps. I stick with the "less is more" approach and avoid unnecessary unneeded 3rd party widgets or apps. Works. Then add one change if you must.
    02-13-2017 11:16 AM
    I'm having same push email issues on my iPhone 6s Plus
    Was thinking to switch to Mate 9

Now not too sure?
    02-13-2017 02:59 PM
    Do you have that particular app set to close after screen is off?

I set all my apps to close when screen is off so notifications weren't coming through.

I removed those apps I want notifications from, from the Lock Screen Cleanup list and I'm receiving notifications again.
    02-13-2017 03:19 PM
    I removed those apps I want notifications from, from the Lock Screen Cleanup list and I'm receiving notifications again.
    Ok... So you confirm what I suspected : many apps don't send notifications if they are in the Lock Screen Cleanup list!
    I supposed push notifications weren't in relation with app open or closed, but it seems in fact they are...
    Thank's for the feedback :-)
    02-14-2017 04:54 AM
    When you say "lock screen cleanup" - are you referring to the setting for each app to close when the phone locks? In the battery settings for each app?

I don't have my vanishing notification apps set to do that and they still vanish.
    02-14-2017 11:55 AM
    When you say "lock screen cleanup" - are you referring to the setting for each app to close when the phone locks? In the battery settings for each app?

I don't have my vanishing notification apps set to do that and they still vanish.
    Yeah, is your sync off?
    02-14-2017 04:03 PM
    Yeah, is your sync off?
    Nope. Syncing everything. It's a Battery app that gives me basic info on how long I've been off the charger and how long it will take to charge up again plus the battery percentage large enough to actually read instead of the microscopic one Huawei puts up there.

I also tried one that I used a lot in the past called Battery Notifier BT but it also vanishes.

I have resorted to writing a Macrodroid script that reloads it if it vanishes.

I have never factory reset this phone. I'm wondering if I should. It's just a pain to set up again.
    02-14-2017 10:58 PM