"Camera currently recording audio...." notification - How do I stop it?

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
i've solved by disablig 'voice wakeup' in voice control menu.
Let me no know if it works for you

If you're talking about Settings -> Smart assistance -> Voice control -> Voice wakeup, that settings is already off for me (and was off when the notification kept popping up in Duo) so I don't think that's it for my issue. Glad it worked for you though.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about Settings -> Smart assistance -> Voice control -> Voice wakeup, that settings is already off for me (and was off when the notification kept popping up in Duo) so I don't think that's it for my issue. Glad it worked for you though.

Same here. It's off. Always been off. Have problem.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Seems this has been fixed with the latest update that includes Alexa

I'm not seeing the problem anymore either.

However, I tried Alexa and then it wouldn't let me turn on Google's "Ok Google" always on setting. It just kept flipping it off when I swtiched back to my home screen after switching it on.

I removed all of Alexa's permissions and force stopped it. I retrained my voice model. Now it works.

Ssdroider

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting this pop up notification when I use my camera for video (also when I use the Ring app which also uses the microphone). I didn't get it in the past. What part of Google did I change that is causing this? Anyone know?

The annoying part is that it will pop up repeatedly and I have to dismiss it to do anything with the underlying app.

View attachment 253492

(fyi - I just aimed the camera at my jeans for that picture)

There is a simple fix to this. Go to Google now settings, go to voice settings and turn off OK Google detection from anywhere.... Hope that helps

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a simple fix to this. Go to Google now settings, go to voice settings and turn off OK Google detection from anywhere.... Hope that helps

but then you lose google now detection,. that said! this should no-longer be an issue as it was fixed with a recent update !

NexusLord 901

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
I think I found a solution, go to Settings}App Permissions}Default App Settings} Assistance and voice input, then make Assist app None instead of Google, this'll turn off Google Assistant and should fix the problem

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I think I found a solution, go to Settings}App Permissions}Default App Settings} Assistance and voice input, then make Assist app None instead of Google, this'll turn off Google Assistant and should fix the problem

That was my fix when I got that error in my Honor 8 a while ago.

Confused 999

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
Ok, everyone is saying they are getting the below message...so I'm wondering, can someone please tell me how to get rid of that message to allow me to use my video because I am missing out on so many first with my newest addition to the family because I can't record. Please bare in mind, I am not very technical 😂

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Ok, everyone is saying they are getting the below message...so I'm wondering, can someone please tell me how to get rid of that message to allow me to use my video because I am missing out on so many first with my newest addition to the family because I can't record. Please bare in mind, I am not very technical 😂

Disable Google Assistant