Anyone received the update and have Google Assistant?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am still on Play Services dated Feb 17. No assistant.

Anyone get it? Not even sure the Mate 9 is eligible.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It appears to be working for me. Frankly, I never use it so I'm not sure how long it's been there.

Man. You're having a heck of a time with this phone, huh? Really sucks.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Man. You're having a heck of a time with this phone, huh? Really sucks.

LOL.... Overall, the phone is great! I am blown away by the fingerprint reader's speed and the camera is fantastic. I stuck Action Launcher on it to feel right at home. It's just a handful of little, weird things about it. Like going through a whacky in and out game of settings changes to get the AMEX app to install. I couldn't even tell you what I did.

It still beats my 6P hands down. I can't wait to use the camera in Africa! The 6P was a PIA in Europe.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
LOL.... Overall, the phone is great! I am blown away by the fingerprint reader's speed and the camera is fantastic. I stuck Action Launcher on it to feel right at home. It's just a handful of little, weird things about it. Like going through a whacky in and out game of settings changes to get the AMEX app to install. I couldn't even tell you what I did.

It still beats my 6P hands down. I can't wait to use the camera in Africa! The 6P was a PIA in Europe.
The app thing is flat out odd and like you, I have no clue what actually resolved it lol.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Google assistant is official on my Mate 9 as of today. Go ahead and check by pressing the home button and it should activate.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Google assistant is official on my Mate 9 as of today. Go ahead and check by pressing the home button and it should activate.

Nope. I get the "Google Now" or whatever they call it. Not here yet but I'm sure it's coming now.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I get the "Google Now" or whatever they call it. Not here yet but I'm sure it's coming now.

You should get it at any time. I didn't even have to do an app update for Google play services or the Google app. which was strange. My apps are also not set to automatically update so I was surprised that it just popped up.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

I found it this morning on my Mate 9, Honor 8 and Nexus 6P. Should be available for M and N Android devices. Press and hold the Home button to start it.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
U see where those that have GA want to but cannot turn voice control off, very annoying in meetings etc plus not everyone wants voice only control.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I also got it on my mate 9.... but only my google account with my gmail sign in. when i switch accounts(same phone)different email i still get google now-.... so make sure your signed in with you gmail email....

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving the Google assistant so far especially in conjunction with my Google home. Now I can use it from upstairs to turn off my lights etc downstairs without having to shout or buy a second Google home.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing? I'm in Arizona too and received the update late last week. Very strange.

Nothing. When I log press the home button, I get the list of articles that might be interesting to me. I have Google Play Services 10.2.98 if that helps. Can you tell what yours is?

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is weird. I'm. In the same version of Google Play as you. I just went into Google Assistsnt and it looks I now have the old Google thing. I had a Pixel so I know hat it looks like and I swear I had it on this phone last time I looked. Maybe I'm crazy.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is weird. I'm. In the same version of Google Play as you. I just went into Google Assistsnt and it looks I now have the old Google thing. I had a Pixel so I know hat it looks like and I swear I had it on this phone last time I looked. Maybe I'm crazy.

That's weird. Maybe it's because you connected with me? :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty