Back to basics questions!

Sey ley

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Moved up from the HTC One M8, (waited for the Note 5 to come to the UK, waited for the Note 7) now happy to have gone with the Mate 9.
Version MHA-L09 with the B156 build as of March 24th and the security patch holding at Jan 2017.
So my adoption of the new phone and it's features after the HTC is overwhelming...

One of my little bug bears is that with the old phone, as I moved about my house, it would switch over to the Broadband access point which had the strongest signal in the that part of the house.
I seem to have to do that manually with the Mate 9. Is there a setting that I need to alter?

Question 2. When I uploaded music (Flac, MP3s) to my HTC, I was able to simply drop a JPEG picture into the same folder and it would display when the track was playing. This doesn't happy with the Mate 9. Any suggestions?

Question 3. Embarrassing really, when you take the opportunity to choose the type of cover for the Mate 9. I chose to have the close case even though I have the 'official' Mate 9 case with the flip cover that does display notifications through the lid, is that correct.

Lastly just for info....

The nonsense about Huawei not selling the supercharge as a spare, made me purchase the BlinkTec Rapid speed USB charger plug with the Arteck USB C to USB A cable. It charged the phone from 60 to 85% in 30 mins. If that helps anyone with that info....

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
One of my little bug bears is that with the old phone, as I moved about my house, it would switch over to the Broadband access point which had the strongest signal in the that part of the house.
I seem to have to do that manually with the Mate 9. Is there a setting that I need to alter?

I'll do this one. First try Huawei's system. Go into the WiFi settings (where you see all the available SSID's) and turn on WiFi+ then give it a couple days. See if that works.

If not, try the app WiFimatic.

Unfortunately, I actually lean toward thinking that neither of these will work because moving around your house does not register but worth a try. Oh - unless you have a very big property.

The other thing to consider is whether or not your signal is dropping so low that it is impeding your experiance on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy