I saw this cool case on eBay, essentially what I would call a bumper case, but it was all metal and customized to the point of requiring a screwdriver to install. So cool.

I bought it for around $7 and in typical ship-from-China fashion, it took weeks to get here. Finally got it.

I used it for about an hour. So cool. Sadly, had to remove it. It provides ZERO protection for the camera and most of the back. It's not thick enough to hold the phone above a surface. The phone just rests on its back, on the camera. I thought it would be thick enough to keep the back off of surfaces. Nope.

Anyway, thought I'd share it just because....

I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-img_0540-copy.jpgI got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-img_0541-copy.jpgI got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-img_0542-copy.jpgI got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-img_0543-copy.jpgI got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-img_20170324_200726-copy.jpg
    03-25-2017 01:49 AM
    Got a similar one on my s7 edge. I got a skin for the back and camera. Theres some metal camera shields on ebay for my phone. Maybe theres some for yours too. Definitely worth checking out.
    03-25-2017 02:10 AM
    I got a skin for the back and camera.

Do you mean a skin that goes over the camera? A film you put over the camera? I assume that would affect the camera's shots.
    03-25-2017 02:17 AM
    Do you mean a skin that goes over the camera? A film you put over the camera? I assume that would affect the camera's shots.
    Skinomi offers skins for the Mate 9 similar to dbrand and there is a portion that covers the camera glass while leaving holes for you to use the camera. It would prevent scratches but if you dropped on the back it would still crack.

Skinomi TechSkin - Huawei Mate 9 Screen Protector + Dark Wood Full Body Skin / Front & Back Wrap Clear Film / Ultra HD and Anti-Bubble Shield https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M27REN1...cUvbUpU5728381
    03-27-2017 09:02 PM
    Skinomi offers skins for the Mate 9 similar to dbrand and there is a portion that covers the camera glass while leaving holes for you to use the camera. It would prevent scratches but if you dropped on the back it would still crack.
    Ah, get it. I still think this case is a bad idea because the actual camera lens isn't protected. Too easy to scratch it. It's cool though!
    03-27-2017 11:58 PM
    The skin covers the camera glass but its got a hole in the middle to not intefere with yiur pics and videos.
    03-28-2017 01:13 AM
    Same boat. I found a cool case on Aliexpress fairly cheap, but I won't be using it and for the price, it's not worth returning it.I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-h1.jpg
    I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-h2.jpg
    I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-h3.jpg
    I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-h4.jpg
    I got such a cool "case" but if you use it, you might as well give up the camera - Ugh.-h5.jpg
    03-28-2017 12:19 PM
    I don't know why they make them. I actually don't know what they were thinking when they designed the phone in such a way that it curves and rests on the camera lens. It does make it easier to hold though. I don't think it's worth the trade off to possibly damage the AMAZING camera.
    03-29-2017 12:42 AM