I have had my Mate 9 since January and this issue with Pandora keeps happening. I have in the settings for Pandora to not be shut down when I lock the screen, but it does every time. I uninstalled the app and it still does it.

Any idea
    Attached Thumbnails Pandora closes when I lock the phone-31584.jpg  
    04-07-2017 10:42 AM
    Im also On t mobile and listen to Pandora all the time. no problem. what software version you on ?? b183 ??
    04-07-2017 03:46 PM
    Im also On t mobile and listen to Pandora all the time. no problem. what software version you on ?? b183 ??
    Yeah, same build.
    04-07-2017 07:26 PM
    I have had my Mate 9 since January and this issue with Pandora keeps happening. I have in the settings for Pandora to not be shut down when I lock the screen, but it does every time. I uninstalled the app and it still does it.

Any idea
    I thought I was the one one. I'm in the same boat. It has started happening sometime last week.
    04-14-2017 02:02 PM
    I thought I was the only one. I'm in the same boat. It has started happening sometime last week.
    04-14-2017 02:02 PM
    I thought I was the one one. I'm in the same boat. It has started happening sometime last week.
    Yup. Haven't fixed it yet either. It's ridiculous and irritating me.
    04-15-2017 08:43 PM
    I don't understand why this happens to some and not others?? is it possibly a setting ??
    04-16-2017 04:01 AM
    I don't understand why this happens to some and not others?? is it possibly a setting ??
    Because anything mass produced is going to have defective products.
    04-23-2017 09:44 AM
    I just had an issue with another phone where I did clone / quick setup and had odd issue. Did a clean setup, and did not download and install apps all at once. Going fine.

Had an issue from day one with Mate that was minor but no luck until did a reset. Annoying.

There was a bug with how the screenshot widget in status bar behaved, which a subsequent update cured.

First rule out software and corrupt cache.
    04-23-2017 12:33 PM
    Hi All, I just solved the issue on my mate 9.
    06-30-2017 09:25 AM
    so, this just worked on my Mate 9, before i give what "fixed" my issue, I will give you want customer service gave me since this might also work.

Thanks so much for writing, and sorry to hear you’re having issues listening.

Let’s try the following steps to troubleshoot the app (not to worry, your Pandora account and stations won’t be affected):

1. Update the app to ensure you are on the latest version of Pandora.

2. If you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning it off completely.

3. Clear data for Pandora in your phone’s settings.

4. Make sure the app is installed to the phone’s local memory.

5. Lower your audio quality in the Settings menu. To get to your Settings, open your Pandora app to the Station list, tap the menu icon, and select Settings.

-If you’re a Pandora Premium subscriber, select Audio Quality & Download.
    -If you’re not a Pandora Premium subscriber, select Advanced and then uncheck Higher Quality Audio.

Then, try Pandora again. If the issue continues, please proceed with the following steps:

6. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

- From the home screen, tap on the menu or App Drawer, select Settings, and open your Applications folder (sometimes located under Device).
    - Go to the Application Manager, scroll down and select Pandora, then Uninstall.
    - Once that’s done, reinstall the app through the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore. Finally, launch the Pandora app and sign in.

Keep in mind that the steps to find certain settings on Androids can be different depending on the type of Android phone you have, as well as what Android OS you are running.

If you’re having trouble completing these steps, try contacting your device’s manufacturer for further help navigating their operating system.

Let me know how it goes.
    06-30-2017 09:26 AM
    go to the permission for the pandora app and allow the permission for Contacts. On my Mate 9 this was off. I also allowed storage as well. This worked for me . . .
    06-30-2017 09:30 AM
    go to the permission for the pandora app and allow the permission for Contacts. On my Mate 9 this was off. I also allowed storage as well. This worked for me . . .
    I've tried all of the solutions in this thread and I am still having the issue. Mate 9 also. Has everyone in this thread fixed it? Thanks.

Edit: Most of the time it'll just skip to the next song when the screen goes dark. It's incredibly frustrating.
    12-12-2017 06:06 PM