Hi
    Does anyone have a work around to this irritating problem with Huawei Mate 9? I have raised this 4 times with Huawei Support and keep getting asked to expect a software update but it's been 4 months now and there is no sign yet of an update. I don't expect one anytime soon.

The problem is:
    If you choose the option to have 'OK Google' detection from any screen switched on (which is one of the many great Android features of 6.0 and above), the camera keeps popping an error message saying 'Camera is currently recording audio. com.google.android.google/quicksearchbox:interactor will not be able to record right now'. So essentially the Camera's software is trying to say, you can't use the OK Google keyword while the camera is on. Yes, I understand that, and I won't use this feature. But why do you have to keep popping this message every 2 seconds, even when I'm using the camera!

The last time I called Huawei, I was told there was a work around till the time an update was released. I was happy to hear that but the next minute I was told, the work around is to switch the OK Google hotword detection off! Some workaround!

Any ideas anyone may have to work around this problem (i.e. continue using OK Google hotword from any screen but not have the Camera pop up that irritating warning) will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sachin
    05-21-2017 07:02 AM
    Hi what software are you on.?? this was fixed a while ago(usa)with an update .!
    05-21-2017 08:43 PM
    Thanks Freddyttt
    I'm on Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0. I'm in Australia and I wasn't aware that Huawei had released an update to fix this in the USA. Makes me angrier that the update hasn't been rolled out globally...
    05-22-2017 10:28 PM
    same problem i have got a solution.
    turn of the google voice search service from the google settings it will not showing this again. thanks
    07-28-2017 12:59 AM