09-06-2017 12:38 PM
71 123
tools
    I would be willing to go above 599, say 699 for example, but 1000, or anything approaching that is just too much of a jump for me! BUT this is not to say I won't come in via the after market.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-22-2017 01:52 PM
    $1000? Iike my Mate9 but I won't be buying a phone for $1,000. That's Apple territory and it gets you world class support and a huge ecosystem.

Come back down before your wings melt, Icarus.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-2017 05:25 PM
    I would be willing to go above 599, say 699 for example, but 1000, or anything approaching that is just too much of a jump for me! BUT this is not to say I won't come in via the after market.
    Yeah most definitely. For $600-700, it had better be pretty comparable to the note 8. At a grand... Wow. No way
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-2017 11:41 PM
    If Huawei will sell it above 700$, which at least the pro version will, they gonna auto lose the war vs samsung, the mate 9 is almost the perfect phone, but it is completly underrated and sold around 5 million units, which isn't a lot.

They need to market the phone better, offer better phone than Sammy, and price it much more attractive, and they gonna win a lot of new comers.
    08-26-2017 06:06 AM
    They need to understand their place in the market. Budget friendly flagship! They are NOT Apple or Samsung and they can't get away with charging 1000 dollars for a phone! IMHO
    08-28-2017 12:16 PM
    They need to understand their place in the market. Budget friendly flagship! They are NOT Apple or Samsung and they can't get away with charging 1000 dollars for a phone! IMHO
    There are people getting the note 8 for $500ish...does require trade in though.
    08-28-2017 05:39 PM
    Huawei/honor probably lost money on US versions of their phones trying to get a foot hold.
    As the Walmart type if they go to a policy of higher prices I for one will leave the brand in the dust.

Of the 3 honor and 1 Huawei phones I've had the Mate 9 showed a lot of promise for US users tired of thousand dollar phones.
    Honor phones in my opinion aren't all that good unless you want cheap with crappy support.
    (BTW my Mate 9 is still firing on all cylinders)

I see an LG in my future anyway...
    08-28-2017 05:50 PM
    Huawei/honor probably lost money on US versions of their phones trying to get a foot hold.
    As the Walmart type if they go to a policy of higher prices I for one will leave the brand in the dust.

Of the 3 honor and 1 Huawei phones I've had the Mate 9 showed a lot of promise for US users tired of thousand dollar phones.
    Honor phones in my opinion aren't all that good unless you want cheap with crappy support.
    (BTW my Mate 9 is still firing on all cylinders)

I see an LG in my future anyway...
    Not sure if they lost money so far... They did really minimal advertising and the phones are just tweaked versions of what they sell elsewhere.
    08-28-2017 06:48 PM
    I'll bet the Mate 9 was a loss leader for US users at it's original retail.

I also think support is poor for Huawei and honor because they didn't expect users to keep the phones over a year.
    Good customer support costs big money so if you don't charge for it consumers won't get it.
    08-28-2017 07:07 PM
    There are people getting the note 8 for $500ish...does require trade in though.
    Sort of a special case there . You must be a Note 7 victim
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-28-2017 09:01 PM
    No one should get away charging a phone for $1000.
    08-28-2017 10:58 PM
    Sort of a special case there . You must be a Note 7 victim
    I did buy the note 7. But Victim? Damn i hope that I would get victimized more often. I got to try out new tech, and not only did it cost me nothing to return it even after the return period but Samsung paid me $25 on top of that and i got to keep the accessories.

I am hoping that i get victimized again on the note 8.

I am also hoping to be victimized for the mate 9 and or mate 10

08-28-2017 11:00 PM
    Just teasing about the Note 7.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-28-2017 11:01 PM
    Huge Note fan here (yes, had the Note7 twice and every other Note before that), however after going to a V10 after the first recall, a V20 and then S7 Edge after the second recall, I finally went to Best Buy and bought the Mate 9. No phone, I repeat NO phone has made me as happy as the Mate 9 has. Battery life, the screen, the camera, and I'm even rocking an Android Oreo theme (along with Novca Prime) to give me the clean look of stock, but the customization of EMUI 5. Not happy my phone hasn't gotten an Android security patch update since April, but it is what it is. I did preorder the Note 8 and I will DEFINITELY be doing a comparison video on YouTube between the two. I love my Mate 9.
    pkcable and Guytronic like this.
    09-05-2017 11:01 AM
    Huge Note fan here (yes, had the Note7 twice and every other Note before that), however after going to a V10 after the first recall, a V20 and then S7 Edge after the second recall, I finally went to Best Buy and bought the Mate 9. No phone, I repeat NO phone has made me as happy as the Mate 9 has. Battery life, the screen, the camera, and I'm even rocking an Android Oreo theme (along with Novca Prime) to give me the clean look of stock, but the customization of EMUI 5. Not happy my phone hasn't gotten an Android security patch update since April, but it is what it is. I did preorder the Note 8 and I will DEFINITELY be doing a comparison video on YouTube between the two. I love my Mate 9.
    Look forward to seeing your video!
    Todd Anthony1 likes this.
    09-05-2017 01:37 PM
    I would love to see a comparison video! Be sure to post it ASAP!
    09-05-2017 04:36 PM
    Do it 😜, note will win on rear camera at low light, mate 9 should tie it or beat it on sunny days and wide aperture mode.

Battery performance probably the mate gonna win, let us know
    09-05-2017 10:18 PM
    Really looking forward to the Mate 10 now. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mate 9 a few weeks ago but the lack of anyway to quickly unlock the screen from the front was the nail in the coffin for me personally. I need a front facing FPS or double tap to wake or something as my phone spends a huge chunk of the day mounted to my van windscreen. I got a P10 to try in the meantime to see if I like EMUI before committing to a new, expensive phone and I'm not disappointed. The front FPS is lightning fast and works well to quickly unlock the screen. I'd rather they used it as a home button with a capacitive back and recent apps button either side but hey ho. Now I know the Mate 10 will have a front facing FPS this makes my decision so much easier. Pity they're going the 18:9 screen ratio too but I can live with it. Just to save up some pennies now
    pkcable likes this.
    09-06-2017 05:40 AM
    Really looking forward to the Mate 10 now. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mate 9 a few weeks ago but the lack of anyway to quickly unlock the screen from the front was the nail in the coffin for me personally. I need a front facing FPS or double tap to wake or something as my phone spends a huge chunk of the day mounted to my van windscreen. I got a P10 to try in the meantime to see if I like EMUI before committing to a new, expensive phone and I'm not disappointed. The front FPS is lightning fast and works well to quickly unlock the screen. I'd rather they used it as a home button with a capacitive back and recent apps button either side but hey ho. Now I know the Mate 10 will have a front facing FPS this makes my decision so much easier. Pity they're going the 18:9 screen ratio too but I can live with it. Just to save up some pennies now
    18:9 is going to be the standard for large screen premium priced Android flagships, IMO.
    dov1978 likes this.
    09-06-2017 09:10 AM
    18:9 is going to be the standard for large screen premium priced Android flagships, IMO.
    Yeah I think you're right, even if it is just a passing trend for a year or two like curved edge screens (I hope).
    I don't mind them too much, I had the Galaxy s8 and s8 Plus as well as the LG G6 so had plenty time with it but after a while some niggles set in.
    18:9 phones are good for one hand use and they don't feel like big phones normally do bulging out your trouser pockets.
    Landscape videos aren't a great experience and using a web browser in landscape is pretty useless but one of my biggest gripes is that I use my phone for GPS map navigation A LOT and when in portrait mode a lot of map information at the sides is lost (but gained vertically) which doesn't happen with a 16:9 screen. Since moving to the P10 it's been really good having a regular sized screen again and makes you appreciate what we took for granted all this time. Give it a few years and I'm sure manufacturers will be touting 16:9 screens as a feature again much like the 3.5mm headphone jack is just now
    09-06-2017 09:26 AM
    Well if rumor has it right and the iPhone 8 moves to 18:9 then it's highly unlikely that we will see premium priced large flagship Androids going back to 16:9.
    09-06-2017 12:38 PM
71 123