Missing my Mate 9 and EMUI 5

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

As you may know I change phones a LOT! Currently I'm rocking an iPhone 7 Plus and a BlackBerry KEYone. I also have a Moto Z Force, Lumia 950 and Xiaomi Mi Mix waiting in the wings. I will probably switch back to the Mix and give the KEYone to my Dad on Father's Day. ANYWAYS, I'm really missing my Mate 9, that I had a few months ago. I really loved that phone and it's interface, the infamous EMUI 5.0.

I LOVED the gestures. The ability to swipe down and then do a search, the lock screen tools, and the screen recording capabilities. It was just SO easy to take a capture of the screen, OR to actually record your screen, which allowed me to help others with tasks on Android. "How do you turn on WiFi calling" "Here I'll make a video of my screen and show you!" lol

I really like new things so I probably WON'T get another Mate 9, BUT when the Mate 10 comes out, OR if I can get my hands on another current model, like the P10, or the Honor 9 , now THAT I would be all over! Who's with me!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Grass is greener on other side? There's Note 8, iPhone 8, Pixel XL2, while you trade and wait. But I'd get another Mate.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why won't you get another mate 9? If I really loved and missed a phone then i would get it again. You can buy a used one to save some money

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I always want something different! Definitely looking forward to the Pixel 2 and to that Essential phone from Andy Rubin IF I can get an unlocked one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I always want something different! Definitely looking forward to the Pixel 2 and to that Essential phone from Andy Rubin IF I can get an unlocked one.

I guess it just depends on how much you loved the mate 9. Sounds like it's a good amount but you love new phones better. Nothing wrong is course, just use what makes you the happiest!

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously thinking about the Honor 9! Ticks the new phone box AND the missing EMUI box! :)

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My mate 9 screening broke had to get it replaced by Huawei and use a Nexus 6p for a week or so, it's only then I knew how much I love my Mate 9 and hopefully Mate 10 when it comes

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My mate 9 screening broke had to get it replaced by Huawei and use a Nexus 6p for a week or so, it's only then I knew how much I love my Mate 9 and hopefully Mate 10 when it comes

Mate 10, now THAT I could get behind too!

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
The Mate 9 is the only phone that made me forget about root and battery anxiety, and performance issue i had with Android and Tekken, no other phone could do that.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The Mate 9 I have has been glitch resistant.

Others can go on and on about Samsung and LG phones...yet the Mate 9 is a great package for those who could care less about 800 dollar slabs.
Keep charging those high prices Samsung...so many have moved on from the gouging.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
The mate 9 is grossly underrated, it's battery life beats all phones i saw and used, the new OnePlus 5 isn't really special and I believe the mate 9 offers the best of the best, it could be perfect if it had better low light camera, even larger battery for even more awesome battery life, better update schedule and IP68 rating.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
This is my third time coming back to the Mate 9. And I am here to stay for awhile. I don't plan on getting another phone until manufacturer start releasesing phones with T-MO's new 600 MHz bands. Hopefully the Mate 10 will have the new bands.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is my third time coming back to the Mate 9. And I am here to stay for awhile. I don't plan on getting another phone until manufacturer start releasesing phones with T-MO's new 600 MHz bands. Hopefully the Mate 10 will have the new bands.

I for SURE will take a long hard look at the Mate 10, but I must disclose I did get a OP5. ;) (I had a 1 2 and 3, so I kinda HAD to get the 5, lol)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I for SURE will take a long hard look at the Mate 10, but I must disclose I did get a OP5. ;) (I had a 1 2 and 3, so I kinda HAD to get the 5, lol)

On the opposite side, I didn't get the 1,2, and 3 so I had to not get the 5! Haha.

I dunno, OnePlus never really UI interested me. But I am interested in the mate lineup. Will definitely look at the mate 10 especially if it works on Verizon.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On the opposite side, I didn't get the 1,2, and 3 so I had to not get the 5! Haha.

I dunno, OnePlus never really UI interested me. But I am interested in the mate lineup. Will definitely look at the mate 10 especially if it works on Verizon.

It just might, IF Big Red makes the change to full GSM/LTE :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It just might, IF Big Red makes the change to full GSM/LTE :)

Huaweis in house chip already has a CDMA solution in the mate 9. All they need to do is to activate it and provide the LTE bands and it would Work on Verizon

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't discount getting a Mate 9 because it didn't drop this year, it's still just as fast where it counts as an 835 equipped phone, and in some cases faster.

The mate 10 has some very big shoes to fill if it's going to get me to give up the 9 haha.

Has anyone else noticed that it's like one of the only android phones out of the box that actually shows you a secondary battery icon of a bluetooth device when you're hooked up to it (does so for my senheisser momentum 2.0's and I LOVE it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37