Missing my Mate 9 and EMUI 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah all reports are hinting over $1000 which is a big jump and puts it head to head with Note 8 and iPhone 8 if not even slightly higher. I don’t think they're quite ready to make those high demands as a brand just yet.

I suspect that pricing will deop quick if they do try to sell it at a grand.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would be willing to go above 599, say 699 for example, but 1000, or anything approaching that is just too much of a jump for me! BUT this is not to say I won't come in via the after market. ;)

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
$1000? Iike my Mate9 but I won't be buying a phone for $1,000. That's Apple territory and it gets you world class support and a huge ecosystem.

Come back down before your wings melt, Icarus.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to go above 599, say 699 for example, but 1000, or anything approaching that is just too much of a jump for me! BUT this is not to say I won't come in via the after market. ;)

Yeah most definitely. For $600-700, it had better be pretty comparable to the note 8. At a grand... Wow. No way

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
If Huawei will sell it above 700$, which at least the pro version will, they gonna auto lose the war vs samsung, the mate 9 is almost the perfect phone, but it is completly underrated and sold around 5 million units, which isn't a lot.

They need to market the phone better, offer better phone than Sammy, and price it much more attractive, and they gonna win a lot of new comers.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They need to understand their place in the market. Budget friendly flagship! They are NOT Apple or Samsung and they can't get away with charging 1000 dollars for a phone! IMHO

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They need to understand their place in the market. Budget friendly flagship! They are NOT Apple or Samsung and they can't get away with charging 1000 dollars for a phone! IMHO

There are people getting the note 8 for $500ish...does require trade in though.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Huawei/honor probably lost money on US versions of their phones trying to get a foot hold.
As the Walmart type if they go to a policy of higher prices I for one will leave the brand in the dust.

Of the 3 honor and 1 Huawei phones I've had the Mate 9 showed a lot of promise for US users tired of thousand dollar phones.
Honor phones in my opinion aren't all that good unless you want cheap with crappy support.
(BTW my Mate 9 is still firing on all cylinders)

I see an LG in my future anyway...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Huawei/honor probably lost money on US versions of their phones trying to get a foot hold.
As the Walmart type if they go to a policy of higher prices I for one will leave the brand in the dust.

Of the 3 honor and 1 Huawei phones I've had the Mate 9 showed a lot of promise for US users tired of thousand dollar phones.
Honor phones in my opinion aren't all that good unless you want cheap with crappy support.
(BTW my Mate 9 is still firing on all cylinders)

I see an LG in my future anyway...
Not sure if they lost money so far... They did really minimal advertising and the phones are just tweaked versions of what they sell elsewhere.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll bet the Mate 9 was a loss leader for US users at it's original retail.

I also think support is poor for Huawei and honor because they didn't expect users to keep the phones over a year.
Good customer support costs big money so if you don't charge for it consumers won't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke