Has your Mate 9 *PRO* been updating ?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of going from the regular to the Pro. Have those of you with the Pro been getting the updates? I would have to buy an international version since I am in the U.S.

It's this one:
HUAWEI Mate 9 Pro LON-L29 128GB (6GB RAM) 4G Dual Sim - Titanium Grey

Just want to see if I will be facing a future of no updates.

Thank!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Was once thinking the same, P10 Plus might be better choice

I did read up on the P10 but it didn't really sway me. I don't think the updates are terrible. Although, I fired up my Nexus today and it's on 7.1.2. I've read there's a possibility the Mate 9 might get O.

I haven't decided on the Plus yet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Updates from Huawei are lacking big time, these companies have far too many handsets to focus on

That sucks. I find that Samsung is pretty good with updating flagships overall, though still significantly behind Google and bb.

Hopefully Huawei will pick up the slack soon

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of going from the regular to the Pro. Have those of you with the Pro been getting the updates? I would have to buy an international version since I am in the U.S.

It's this one:
HUAWEI Mate 9 Pro LON-L29 128GB (6GB RAM) 4G Dual Sim - Titanium Grey

Just want to see if I will be facing a future of no updates.

Thank!

I had the Mate 9 Pro. It is a great phone but I had to jump through hoops to update it. Check out this link to XDA.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/mate-9-pro-rom-updates-fixes-t3542204/page5

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Huawei Firmware Finder (app in playstore) makes it a bit easier... I've been using it to update my pro and haven't had any issues. The only thing is having to wait for Huawei to "authenticate" the firmware which can take some time - - in other words, you can download the updates via ff app, but sometimes you have to wait a few days or weeks to actually install it. Hope this helps

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Glad it worked to update the phone. Hopefully Huawei will work to fix this bug.

From what I have found out it is not a bug. Huawei puts region locks on their phones. The locks makes it hard to update the phone outside the region it was bought in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I have found out it is not a bug. Huawei puts region locks on their phones. The locks makes it hard to update the phone outside the region it was bought in.

Wow that sucks. Unlocked should be unlocked. No region restrictions for updates. Obviously warranty is a different story, but Huawei doesn lose anything if you use your phone in another region.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Unlocked should be unlocked. No region restrictions for updates. Obviously warranty is a different story, but Huawei doesn lose anything if you use your phone in another region.

I agree. That was the only reason I sold the Mate 9 Pro. I didn't want to be stuck with a phone that could not be updated if Huawei decided to do something that disabled the Firmware Finder app.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. That was the only reason I sold the Mate 9 Pro. I didn't want to be stuck with a phone that could not be updated if Huawei decided to do something that disabled the Firmware Finder app.

Most definitely. I mean this is a $600 phone....it had better be updated. Now if it were a $100 phone then I would be less picky

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar