Picked up a Mate 9 again for $270 new...

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Had one at launch, loved it but was tempted away by the Note 7 at the time then transitioned over to other devices. Missed it ever since. Just this morning I saw that one of the youtubers I follow on youtube, Dom Esposito was selling a brand new Silver Mate 9 for $270 shipped and I had to jump on it. Has there been any major updates to the mate 9 since launch that have improved the overall performance or camera?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry can't answer your question but...Oh wow... I would have definitely picked one up for $270. Great deal there.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Yea it was a great deal. I had been shopping around on swappa and ebay the last few days being tempted. But the cheapest I could find was in the 380-400 range. At $270 it was an impulse decision but was made even better by the fact that it was new, and the white/silver color I wanted. I have a u11 which arrived today so ill have some tough choices to make after trying the u11 for a few days. Ultimately it will take a lot from the u11 to be worth the $400 difference.

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Had one at launch, loved it but was tempted away by the Note 7 at the time then transitioned over to other devices. Missed it ever since. Just this morning I saw that one of the youtubers I follow on youtube, Dom Esposito was selling a brand new Silver Mate 9 for $270 shipped and I had to jump on it. Has there been any major updates to the mate 9 since launch that have improved the overall performance or camera?

I had a similar situation, bought one at launch, and then let it go. Came back to it a few weeks ago and I can say that the April patched fixed ALL bugs that I had noticed with the old one. The lock screen notification issues, the turning off pandora issue, the stupid notification telling you the microphone was in use when recording video, it's ALL gone.

It's pretty much a perfect phone at this point, I only feel bad for those that returned it or disliked it at the time before these fixes were implemented.
Another thing I noted is that to me at least the low light performance seems improved, not immensely, but the noise reduction is much less aggressive than it use to be in the same settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12