Is the Mate 9 PRO fully encrypted?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The Mate 9 is not fully encrypted and there's no option for it.

Did they change this in the Mate 9 Pro? Can you go into settings and see it as encrypted?

Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a google search but couldn't find the answer . I would try to contact Huawei customer support and they might be able to answer your question

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I did a google search but couldn't find the answer . I would try to contact Huawei customer support and they might be able to answer your question

It was just as unclear when the regular Mate 9 came out. I contacted Huawei about it when I got my Mate 9 and their response was to use the "vault" on the phone. They basically implied the whole phone was not encrypted.

I was hoping someone that has one could check.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It was just as unclear when the regular Mate 9 came out. I contacted Huawei about it when I got my Mate 9 and their response was to use the "vault" on the phone. They basically implied the whole phone was not encrypted.

I was hoping someone that has one could check.

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything but hopefully someone else can find that info for you, but I will be honest... Usually these pro models of phones run the same software as the regular model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12