Mate 9 $450 at Amazon

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
What a great deal! If I was in need of a new phone I'd be all over this. I'll stick with my Honor 8 for now though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What a great deal! If I was in need of a new phone I'd be all over this. I'll stick with my Honor 8 for now though.

Yeah this is a good deal for new with USA warranty... Pretty tempted but doesn't work on Verizon and $450 is a good amount of money for a wifi only device, in my situation

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Man. I would jump to this but still rocking my G6 . We're not far way from next flagships.

G6 was tempting too... Almost picked up one for $450 usa unlocked version with warranty, but the reports of slow camera turned me away. Had enough bad luck with the g4 camera. Of course that bootlooped , so I gues the slow camera didn't matter anymore. Honor 8 camera was pretty good, and the mate 9 should be even better. It's pretty high on my list of phones that i want to try out...if only Verizon. Sigh.

Anyway, for everyone else, this is a good deal especially on a USA version with USA warranty.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
amazing deal
this is an excellent phone. I am very happy with it. My only complaint would be lack of wi-fi calling on tmobile...which I find odd since even the Axon 7 now has that ability.
And lack of any water resistance.
But this is a beast of the phone. And with the move to smaller batteries, one of the few that has a 4000 mah battery.
pocketnow has a follow up review--they still like it a lot
1) doesnt get a slow down like a samsung phone with use after a few months (or..a few minutes?)
2) Kirin 960 cpu is pretty close to the SD 835 in performance
3) Camera are quite good, dual camera setup is very handy
4) Still has a headphone jack!
5) Supercharge charges very fast

Despite a metal body I noticed it gets very good reception for cell signals and wifi

It is just a BIG phone, but at $450 its a steal--way better option than one plus 5 I would think...for as long as it lasts..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Number 1 is super annoying. Had it happen to multiple Samsungs. Sure you can do a factory data reset but that's no fun. Really glad that Huawei got that figured out.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Won't give up mine Mate 9 for any phone, maybe Mate 10 :)

Number 1 is soo true, Mate 9 is one of the fastest phones ever, which actually gets faster the more you use it, unlike all Sammy phones that has lag over time, and as i had the S7E, that is unbearable.

Camera, Battery life the speakers are awesome, but the best part of the Mate 9, is, of course, the battery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Won't give up mine Mate 9 for any phone, maybe Mate 10 :)

Number 1 is soo true, Mate 9 is one of the fastest phones ever, which actually gets faster the more you use it, unlike all Sammy phones that has lag over time, and as i had the S7E, that is unbearable.

Camera, Battery life the speakers are awesome, but the best part of the Mate 9, is, of course, the battery.

Dang this so makes me want to buy this phone. I would buy it today if it worked on my carrier. Ugh.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have good AT&T or T-Mobile coverage, a $45/month plan could work.

Well my legacy unlimited data plan doesn't have any restrictions on hotspot and also is excluded from de prioritization after 22gb. I am not willing to give up Verizon for a much inferior plan (for my situation). Of course Verizon might kick me off my current plan or change the plan but until then, i don't plan to change carriers

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I jumped on this Amazon Prime Deal, and couldn't be happier. Next day shipping was also free!

Very well built phone with excellent fit and finish. Feels and looks like a premium phone. I am coming from a Moto XPE with a 5.7" screen. The Mate 9 fits better in the hand than my old Moto XPE (which I loved) and even with only a FHD screen is brighter and clearer also.

$450 was a good price point, especially since it feels and operates like a much more expensive phone. Couldn't be happier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa