Huawei CEO drops first hints on Mate 10

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
It's getting announced next month. it'll definitely be out before this year end. I've seen renders of it and I'm not digging the front home button still

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I probably won't buy the Mate 10 until at least this time next year. I'll let all the AC folks get a good look and have their say first. But, I would like to see some really nice prices on the Mate 9 late this year. If it goes below $400, I'll definitely pick one up for a gift. Getting close already.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I probably won't buy the Mate 10 until at least this time next year. I'll let all the AC folks get a good look and have their say first. But, I would like to see some really nice prices on the Mate 9 late this year. If it goes below $400, I'll definitely pick one up for a gift. Getting close already.

I suspect that we will see the mate 9 sub $400 before the end of year.... Not a permanent price but probably sale

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Guys google Mate 10, it will have F1.6 and probably three versions, that sounds idiotic, but the F1.6 might be the best thing if they do it right together with the rest of the amazing package.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys google Mate 10, it will have F1.6 and probably three versions, that sounds idiotic, but the F1.6 might be the best thing if they do it right together with the rest of the amazing package.

Huawei needs to cut down on all the different versions. But anyway, i am hoping that they fixed the weak low light in the mate 9

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Huawei needs to cut down on all the different versions. But anyway, i am hoping that they fixed the weak low light in the mate 9

Pretty sure they did, heck they did it on P10 Plus and i hope it gonna get much improved in the M10, selfie camera needs OIS too, they could be the second one to do so, add 13MP and OIS or at least OIS.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Their low light capabilities are not that great in their phones. Including P10/Plus. It's not up to par with the S8, Pixel or U11. I hope they improve it a lot in the Mate 10

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure they did, heck they did it on P10 Plus and i hope it gonna get much improved in the M10, selfie camera needs OIS too, they could be the second one to do so, add 13MP and OIS or at least OIS.

While I agree that OIS is nice, OIS isn't a must, my Pixel XL did a great job without it. Just depends on implementation.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
To me the LG V20 looks better than the Mate 10.
Sorry to say I don't have a lot of trust for the Huawei effort going forward.

I'm tired of disappointments after buying Huawei/Honor products.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Their low light capabilities are not that great in their phones. Including P10/Plus. It's not up to par with the S8, Pixel or U11. I hope they improve it a lot in the Mate 10

Not in auto mode, manual give better results but yeah, their process is different, i hope they'll adjust that as well, that the only big disadvantage that i see tbh.