Whats the latest security update you have on your Mate 9?

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine too is April. I really like this phone but I will not buy another Huawei if they are not going to be more serious about the updates.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading firmware finder from playstore, you can download latest release. Google instructions though as its not very clear.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I received the following reply from Huawei, which makes me hopeful at least an update is coming:

"We widely appreciate your preference and hope you are doing well.

In regards of the information you provided us, we want to make of your knowledge that currently updates are rolling out in scheduled OTA updates. You may not receive the update first as it is being rolled out in waves at random, but you will receive an alert once the update is ready for your device. In regards to this, we believe it is better to wait for the OTA update for best possible update capability.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work to make the Android update great!
We hope you find this information useful.
For Huawei our customers are the most valuable.
We thank you for contacting Huawei, and remain at your service."

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine too is April. I really like this phone but I will not buy another Huawei if they are not going to be more serious about the updates.
Am also of this mindset, and it's worst because I also have a Nexus 6p which I upgraded from and I get spoiled by security updates. Granted most of the exploits will never to used in a real world attack but my motto is "prevention is better than a cure" holds true here with my mobile devices just like it does with my physical health

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Am also of this mindset, and it's worst because I also have a Nexus 6p which I upgraded from and I get spoiled by security updates. Granted most of the exploits will never to used in a real world attack but my motto is "prevention is better than a cure" holds true here with my mobile devices just like it does with my physical health

If you want monthly security updates then Huawei isn't for you. You may be better off with a Pixel or perhaps blackberry.

The carrier Galaxy lineup also gets updated quicker than Huawei, though not as fast as Pixel.