Folks,

Bloggers have been writing about and predicting the "death" "or exit from the phone market" of HTC for years now, and that talk has been surfacing again of late. LG and Moto are probably in a better position in the US market already than HTC. SO can Huawei, and their funky fresh junior brand Honor, make a real splash in the US Market if/when HTC leaves it? IF they leave it? Or maybe either way?

From a personal standpoint. I have owned and LOVED the Mate 9. I really loved the EMUI ROM. It was just enough customization with just enough closeness to the way "stock" versions do things. And the hardware itself was fantastic! I also had an Honor Z1 sports band/watch. While NOT a full fledged smart watch, it WAS pretty damn cool, and priced right!

So what do you all think? Is Huawei about to breakout in the US?
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-25-2017 01:31 PM
    3rd place for global market share, not far from passing Apple and becoming 2nd to Samsung. It's only a matter of time until they do the same in America.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-25-2017 01:43 PM
    Yes they can absolutely do it. They just need to put in a solid effort, unlike what they have been doing so far.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-25-2017 09:23 PM
    It'll take time to break into America. Making solid phones are just not enough these days. They need to show off their phones and cash the ads out.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:03 AM
    It'll take time to break into America. Making solid phones are just not enough these days. They need to show off their phones and cash the ads out.
    They also need to do a better job updating phones... They officially have four phones in the USA and none are being updated as quickly as the Galaxy devices. One is still on marshmallow!
    pkcable and DamianP like this.
    08-27-2017 11:34 AM
    They also need to do a better job updating phones... They officially have four phones in the USA and none are being updated as quickly as the Galaxy devices. One is still on marshmallow!
    Yup. I love Huawei but they still need to improve themselves before thinking of dominating the US
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 07:23 PM
    Agreed. I would look at the Mate 10(I loved the Mate 9 overall) if they can improve a few things and definitely updates!

pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 09:03 PM
    Yup. I love Huawei but they still need to improve themselves before thinking of dominating the US
    They also need to be on all carriers...and they need to price aggressively at the beginning like OnePlus with an aggressive marketing.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 11:26 PM
    That's not sales driver though.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 11:34 PM
    That's not sales driver though.
    In the niche USA market that it is in now, updates will make a difference.

Later, when it gains mainstream popularity then it would be less important, in terms of sales
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-2017 11:47 PM
    LG is the 3rd biggest manufacturer in the US right behind Apple. It's in a much better position than HTC. HTC with only 2-3% global market share, it'll be a piece of cake for Huawei to beat it in US.
    08-29-2017 04:50 PM