Mate 9 is too underrated!

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
We said that before but I'm gonna point that again.
Having this amazing phone for 6 months, it's thr only one that constantly works fast, even faster with time, have gr8 camera great battery life despite having 5.9 LCD screen, great speakers and always reliable, by contrast i can't say that about the sammy LG phones i had, no any others.

Huawei need to step up their game with marketing, the Note 8 is underwhelming, Mate 10 looks to be a winner!

What you think?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
if the Mate 10 is 2:1, then i have no interest.

If it is a Mate 9 with Wireless Charging and an Amoled, I'm buying it day one

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on price. Previous note 7 owners can get a note 8 for around$500 with old phone trade in... The mate would have to be significantly better if it were the same price.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Mate 10 can have better camera, finally IP68 rating, great real big screen hopefully not too tall and thin, better battery with 10nm CPU should provide a big winner vs awful battery of the Note 8, heck Mate 9 battery last much longer than S8+.

Performance will be better probably and hopefully speakers will get improved and the DAC as well, the LG V30 is a bit temping with it's Quad DAC, but it will have awful battery(3200mhA).

Mate 10 will probably be expensive in the first weeks, hopefully not that much, otherwise it gonna get ignored.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mate 10 can have better camera, finally IP68 rating, great real big screen hopefully not too tall and thin, better battery with 10nm CPU should provide a big winner vs awful battery of the Note 8, heck Mate 9 battery last much longer than S8+.

Performance will be better probably and hopefully speakers will get improved and the DAC as well, the LG V30 is a bit temping with it's Quad DAC, but it will have awful battery(3200mhA).

Mate 10 will probably be expensive in the first weeks, hopefully not that much, otherwise it gonna get ignored.

I think battery life is really the only place where the mate 10 can beat the note 8 on specs

mojo3354

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Mate 10 could improve screen (AMOLED), IP68, processor, RAM, possibly a stylus like the S pen (Translation on the fly sounds great). Otherwise it's still a seriously underrated phone. My friend got excited about the Note 8's abilities to alter the blur after a picture has been taken until I showed him the Note 9 already does this.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
^It's difficult for another phone maker to make any type of SPen competition when the SPen is Wacom technology who Samsung had bought shares in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It'll also have a much faster processor than the Note 8. Camera can match or beat it as well

Even if the processor was 100x faster than the note 8,i am not sure that that really matters to most people outside of spec whores or those who use very intensive apps... Which are really in the small minority.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
^It's difficult for another phone maker to make any type of SPen competition when the SPen is Wacom technology who Samsung had bought shares in.

Yeah Samsung locked that one up. No one has been able to provide a stylus anywhere nearly as functional as Samsung has on the note lineup, even though it has been many years since the note was introduced.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mate 10 could improve screen (AMOLED), IP68, processor, RAM, possibly a stylus like the S pen (Translation on the fly sounds great). Otherwise it's still a seriously underrated phone. My friend got excited about the Note 8's abilities to alter the blur after a picture has been taken until I showed him the Note 9 already does this.

Uhhh... The note 9? You mean presumably next year's note?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci