So when do we get Oreo and EMUI 6.0?

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hope before the end of the year, but I bet it drags out to sometime in February. Anybody have any clues?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't have high hopes, still on April security patch. This is one area I find Huawei really lags in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If we're real lucky we might see a beta before the end of the year...

Actual OTA...i don't see it

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Sometime next year. I believe Huawei updated their phones to Nougat around fed-march I believe. Maybe around the same time frame ?

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
As part of the mate 10 announcements today, Huawei confirmed that the Mate 9 should receive emui 8 four weeks after the Mate 10 release! They're also promising monthly security patches though I'll believe when I see it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As part of the mate 10 announcements today, Huawei confirmed that the Mate 9 should receive emui 8 four weeks after the Mate 10 release! They're also promising monthly security patches though I'll believe when I see it.
They also promised quarterly updates on the 5x...which is still on marshmallow. Not sure which patch, but I am assuming it's over a year old .

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
They also promised quarterly updates on the 5x...which is still on marshmallow. Not sure which patch, but I am assuming it's over a year old .

Yeah, there track record is not that promising. It worries me about getting updates on the Honor 8 as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there track record is not that promising. It worries me about getting updates on the Honor 8 as well.
Most definitely. So far though... The updates have been near quarterly,close enough to say that they are keeping their promise, at least in the honor 8. In the 5x,not so much

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Most definitely. So far though... The updates have been near quarterly,close enough to say that they are keeping their promise, at least in the honor 8. In the 5x,not so much

That's true. I guess they've technically keeper their word with the honor 8. It just feels like Huawei forgets us but we have been given 3 updates so for this year. Hopefully project treble will speed things up even more.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's true. I guess they've technically keeper their word with the honor 8. It just feels like Huawei forgets us but we have been given 3 updates so for this year. Hopefully project treble will speed things up even more.

well...3 updates...and we are at the beginning of the fourth quarter. i mean, compared to other manufacturers outside of apple, samsung, and google, huawei isn't doing bad on the honor 8.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Android O Beta build B302 is available for the Mate 9 C567 US Variant. I'll be installing it shortly.

So the first attempt failed. Not sure why. I'll try again in a bit.

Last edited:

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Android O Beta build B302 is available for the Mate 9 C567 US Variant. I'll be installing it shortly.

So the first attempt failed. Not sure why. I'll try again in a bit.

Oh wow thats great (except for it failing and all)! Good luck getting it to download. And give us all the details when you get it up and running :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers