Mate 9, TMO and Text..... (trouble !)

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Tmo when i got my mate 9. love the phone and Tmo the price is right. that said, ive tried many text apps and cant seem to settle on one that works. now im using EvolveSMS works great except two people today said they never recieved my Text...

what works well with mate 9 and Tmo.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Make sure your settings are correct and call T-mobile support - they can walk you through it. Had some issues with sms/mms using Google Messenger on my Mate 9.... On T-mobile too. Don't know what the issue was. I believe it was addressed in an update, but I had already switched over to Textra.

Colin 1963

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
the stock app works well on my mate 9, but I wish there was an option to repeat the notification sound, on many occasions I have received texts but not heard the notification so because it don't repeat the sound to alert me I have not got any idea I have missed it.
perhaps this is something huawei could address in the future

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I use stock SMS app and have had no problems. i also use google voice with google voice # and allo. No problems whatsoever.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I use Textra. Also, make sure not to use Ultra Battery because text messages will go back to the stock messaging app. I was beating myself to death trying to figure out why this was happening until I figured it out.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
the stock app works well on my mate 9, but I wish there was an option to repeat the notification sound, on many occasions I have received texts but not heard the notification so because it don't repeat the sound to alert me I have not got any idea I have missed it.

Textra does this very nicely. From the main screen, select the menu button (3 dots) on the upper right, then select SETTINGS, then CUSTOMIZE NOTIFICATIONS, then REPEAT NOTIFICATIONS. You have choices from never, once, twice, 3, 5, 10, and 50 times. I've never tried it out, but I wonder if it just repeats the sounds back to back or if there is any delay. If there is any option for a delay between the notification sounds I haven't found that setting yet.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Textra does this very nicely. From the main screen, select the menu button (3 dots) on the upper right, then select SETTINGS, then CUSTOMIZE NOTIFICATIONS, then REPEAT NOTIFICATIONS. You have choices from never, once, twice, 3, 5, 10, and 50 times. I've never tried it out, but I wonder if it just repeats the sounds back to back or if there is any delay. If there is any option for a delay between the notification sounds I haven't found that setting yet.

I discovered that the notification interval is every 2 minutes in Textra. There have apparently been a whole bunch of requests to be able to customize this time interval.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I discovered that the notification interval is every 2 minutes in Textra. There have apparently been a whole bunch of requests to be able to customize this time interval.
Hopefully the app developer will be able to update it.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

That sounds like a great feature. I wouldn't mind this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01