Here you go, $399!

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got another one. It'll replace my wife's Moto. The camera issue with that phone compared to my Mate 9 is the underlying reason. And the Moto was beginning to having battery life issues - the Mate 9 will certainly cure that. But $399 sealed the deal.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got another one. It'll replace my wife's Moto. The camera issue with that phone compared to my Mate 9 is the underlying reason. And the Moto was beginning to having battery life issues - the Mate 9 will certainly cure that. But $399 sealed the deal.
Great deal indeed. Hopefully she enjoys her new phone !

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Which moto phone was it?

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
B&H is already out of stock. I'm a profession videographer/video editor and have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment over the years from them because of their good pricing and service. Frequently (not always, though) when they go out of stock it means they won't get anymore stock on an item like this, or if they do it will be after the sale is over. It makes me wonder if there will be any more price drops, or product, for black Friday. I wanted to get it from them because they don't charge tax except for those living in New York or N.J.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Which moto phone was it?

It was the Moto G4 Plus 64/4 GB. Took pretty darn good still pictures in good light. Otherwise a pretty decent phone. But the camera is far outclassed in everyway when compared to the my Mate 9. Manual controls will certainly help for lower light and scenes with motion, but my wife is not going to use anything but automatic - and why should she have to.

I've seen comparative pictures with the Mate 9, Mate 10, and the Pixel 2. All cameras are great, but the Pixel 2 is the best in my opinion. For me though, it's just not worth twice the price of a $399 Mate 9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt