Worth it over iPhone SE?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well its a LOT bigger, BUT more than any other phone the Mate 9 (and probably other Huawei models) will be a great fit for an Apple user. It has some things that remind you of Apple for example the swipe down to search. LOVED that feature on mine.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Exactly- if I remember right, they've actually got a designer FROM Apple to help with the UI. A little bit of the best of both worlds thing.

That being said, it's still android- so while some gestures and designs might look the same, it's no iOS.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Have not seen it, looked at YouTube videos.
Some software I have would have to be repurchased.
I'm still thinking on this vs iPhone 8

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well its a LOT bigger, BUT more than any other phone the Mate 9 (and probably other Huawei models) will be a great fit for an Apple user. It has some things that remind you of Apple for example the swipe down to search. LOVED that feature on mine.
That feature is nice!

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Exactly- if I remember right, they've actually got a designer FROM Apple to help with the UI. A little bit of the best of both worlds thing.

That being said, it's still android- so while some gestures and designs might look the same, it's no iOS.
They do. Not sure if they still have him though. Emui was very similar to ios at first. Changed things up with emui 5

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If you wanted a larger screen than the SE, and you are willing to give Andriod a try, then you can't lose with the Mate 9 at $399.99.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My boyfriend has the iPhone SE and I have an Honor 8; so though it's not the exact same situation, I can understand your predicament somewhat!

The SE is a really good phone, especially the compact size! The Mate 9 would be a bit of a jump as far as getting used to the larger screen size, etc; but EMUI is a great OS experience! It's really unlike any Android OS experience I've had thus far. There's even an EMUI Theme Store app that allows you to download iOS themes for your phone!

All that being said, the Mate 9 is a fantastic phablet experience with a fantastic camera and good OS backing. Go for it! You can always keep your SE as a backup. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My boyfriend has the iPhone SE and I have an Honor 8; so though it's not the exact same situation, I can understand your predicament somewhat!

The SE is a really good phone, especially the compact size! The Mate 9 would be a bit of a jump as far as getting used to the larger screen size, etc; but EMUI is a great OS experience! It's really unlike any Android OS experience I've had thus far. There's even an EMUI Theme Store app that allows you to download iOS themes for your phone!

All that being said, the Mate 9 is a fantastic phablet experience with a fantastic camera and good OS backing. Go for it! You can always keep your SE as a backup. :)
That sounds like a great option! Best of both worlds

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

On point