Any word yet on when the Mate 9 will get Android 8

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
It was supposed to be rolled out starting 4 weeks after the release of the Mate 10. So, mid December? Glad to see some people in some parts of the world getting already.

I'd rather wait a little while to make sure it's a good and stable release before I install it.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
It was supposed to be rolled out starting 4 weeks after the release of the Mate 10. So, mid December? Glad to see some people in some parts of the world getting already.

I'd rather wait a little while to make sure it's a good and stable release before I install it.
Coming out for the Chinese versions for right now

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Coming out for the Chinese versions for right now

And the Mate 10 hasn't even been released in the USA yet. Seems to me like Huawei is making a conscious effort to become a mobile power. Honor V10 coming to the USA, along with the 7X and Mate 10 pro.

Can't wait to see PC. mode.

Last edited:

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately it isn't consistent for everyone. Many are still on April patch

The MHA-L29 beta had the Oct patch, which covered the Blueborne Bluetooth bug. That's enough for me if they get me critical updates and quarterly updates.

Had monthly with my Blackberry Priv. I was lucky, but as long as they handle critical updates going forward, it's okay.

They've promised a Blackberry/Google /Moto schedule going forward. And the Mate 9 is a confirmed Treble build of EMUI 8.0.

Last edited:

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Am on the beta program since the 21st of October got one update since it started on November security patch. So hopefully get the GA release by mid December.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
And the Mate 10 hasn't even been released in the USA yet. Seems to me like Huawei is making a conscious effort to become a mobile power. Honor V10 coming to the USA, along with the 7X and Mate 10 pro.

Not sure why they're not bringing the regular mate 10 here but theyre bringing out everything else

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh that's a good point! Let them be the Guinea pig!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I am impressed that they are bringing more phones here. Glad that they didn't abandon us

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The MHA-L29 beta had the Oct patch, which covered the Blueborne Bluetooth bug. That's enough for me if they get me critical updates and quarterly updates.

Had monthly with my Blackberry Priv. I was lucky, but as long as they handle critical updates going forward, it's okay.

They've promised a Blackberry/Google /Moto schedule going forward. And the Mate 9 is a confirmed Treble build of EMUI 8.0.
That's good to hear that they did the October patch. That's pretty important imo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Am on the beta program since the 21st of October got one update since it started on November security patch. So hopefully get the GA release by mid December.
Sweet, keep is updated as to how the beta program is going

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital