Huawei.. It's 2018.. Where's Oreo for the US Mate 9

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
As the title states, Has Huawei officially announced anything for the US Version of the Mate 9's Oreo update?

Seems they've been a bit quiet in announcing anything for us.

Hope they're not pulling the whole Buy our new phone to get the latest updates trick...

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
As the title states, Has Huawei officially announced anything for the US Version of the Mate 9's Oreo update?

Hope they're not pulling the whole Buy our new phone to get the latest updates trick...

I've read that would be releasing the update approximately 4+/- weeks after the release of the Mate 10/10 Pro. If it is to be 4 weeks after the USA release of the Mate 10 Pro, then I guess we might be looking at February or March? But, like everyone, I'm hoping for the release to work it's way to us sooner.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with Huawei tech support last week and was told that new software has been released but the updates are pushed in batches and it might take a couple of months for the new software to be pushed to my phone. I think the Mate 10 Pro US release is going to be announced next Tuesday, January 9th. We'll see what happens after that.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Even if they were doing a staged rollout, it should be available on their website for download.

I think Huawei is just pulling the whole "buy our new phone for latest OS" trick instead of keeping their phones up to date.

I mean C'mon I'm still an April 2017 securiry patch! WTF Huawei!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Do they usually announce dates for updates?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with Huawei tech support last week and was told that new software has been released but the updates are pushed in batches and it might take a couple of months for the new software to be pushed to my phone. I think the Mate 10 Pro US release is going to be announced next Tuesday, January 9th. We'll see what happens after that.

What version should it be?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Even if they were doing a staged rollout, it should be available on their website for download.

I think Huawei is just pulling the whole "buy our new phone for latest OS" trick instead of keeping their phones up to date.

Do they normally make updates available for download on their site?

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site

Yeah, I don't get that. The Honor 8 has been updated to the October patch.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I was told that the Mate 9 software will be upgraded to EMUI 8 and Android 8 (Oreo). I hope it will also include current Android security patches.

Last edited:

crush

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site

I've been using C567 Oreo since it was available to download on FF. I used HWOTA to update to 8.0.0.360 and it is running very smooth. Security patch is Jan. 1st. It is not a HUGE difference compared to Nougat. However the ability to fine tune which apps run in the background etc I feel has made my overnight battery drain go down a little more but it wasnt huge in the first place. It used to be 5-7% and now its 1-2% overnight.

I did get 10 hours SOT over 29 hours which I could only get over less than 2 days on Nougat. Don't let this surprise you too much though since my usage is always close to this. For me its more or less same SOT over longer period of time...

I've done all the bootloader unlocking etc because I got a cheap phone from ebay and don't care if I break it but if you still have warranty you may want to refrain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers