Oreo Update available. Anyone get it yet?

M_NUS

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting here in the UK. Kinda getting annoying now, bit like waiting for Christmas. Just wish Huawei, would release the update or say it isn't happening. Other than that, I absolutely love this phone. Quite possibly the best phone I've ever had. Just thought I'd share that.
You can keep your pixels, s8+'s and iPhone. I'm now firmly a Huawei convert.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting here in the UK. Kinda getting annoying now, bit like waiting for Christmas. Just wish Huawei, would release the update or say it isn't happening. Other than that, I absolutely love this phone. Quite possibly the best phone I've ever had. Just thought I'd share that.
You can keep your pixels, s8+'s and iPhone. I'm now firmly a Huawei convert.

Same here.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Got mine in the UK today. Mha-l09 via firmware finder. Only the firmware dated 23/01 shows as approved for install. Then used the proxy in firmware finder and system update and hey presto, Oreo with January security patches.

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I got it this morning. The new settings layout is vastly improved. Security patch is now Jan. New camera nodes and all sorts of new goodies.

No bugs as of yet. Still looking around through all of the changes.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It could just be me but my Mate 9 seems snappier after the update. Anyone else experiencing that? Really refreshing for a tertiary device.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Have had the update for a couple of days now. Power management is really great now - very granular, or an automatic setting if you wish. Seems to really help control unnecessary background processes that are draining the battery. Have also noticed dramatically better bluetooth connections - much more stable than before. Still learning about all the new features.

GentleMuser

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the update yesterday. Central Texas.
I use Nova and Textra for messaging and it is hit or miss on whether I get a notification badge. I'm not missing notifications, just the numerical count badge sometimes.
Also my text tones have randomly been going away. Restart the phone and they are back.
The update might not be playing nice with Textra.
I sure hope the bluetooth\music situation is better. Haven't tested that much yet.....

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine...unlocked on TMO in Texas. Don't see too much difference try really. Maybe I need to watch a YouTube.