Oreo Update available. Anyone get it yet?

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
My Mate is US version and update is finally available OTA. I'm finally satisfied with this phone. Did anyone encounter anything negative on their phone after the update? I am not sure If I should go ahead with it.

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm in NY so maybe they're rolling it regionally. Security updates are my priority so I'm happy with those. For the camera app, there's now a separate icon if you want bokeh and beauty mode at the same time (portrait mode) and wide aperture mode is still there. 3D unlock pictures (there's 2 pics) are not so useful. You can now toggle down the navigation dock to make it disappear. Floating button can be used to substitute for navigation dock functions. Settings menu revamped too. I hope everyone gets their updates soon. Ciao!

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm in NY so maybe they're rolling it regionally. Security updates are my priority so I'm happy with those. For the camera app, there's now a separate icon if you want bokeh and beauty mode at the same time (portrait mode) and wide aperture mode is still there. 3D unlock pictures (there's 2 pics) are not so useful. You can now toggle down the navigation dock to make it disappear. Floating button can be used to substitute for navigation dock functions. Settings menu revamped too. I hope everyone gets their updates soon. Ciao!

They also added a universal search if you swipe down on the home screen. Make sure you check the 'tips' app on the phone after update. I'm sure there are other features that we may miss.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally received the update this morning (Seattle, WA). Everything seems to work fine. Haven't had the chance to look at all the new features yet. But I did notice a change to the animation when you press the home button to get out of an app. Not sure if I'm liking that. If there is a way to go back to the old animation, then I would change it.

(Update - It's not the Mate 9 animation. It looks like something happened to the Nova launcher animation. Going to stock launcher for now.)

Last edited:

Koncors

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Received 8.0! As the result.. 404 error in Play Market while downloading. So catastrofical issue at the moment. Waiting for patch

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the update so far. In fact, it seems like the problem with audio apps like pandora intermittently stopping when the screen turns off has been solved-it hasn't happened to me since the update.

As far as update patterns go, sure seems like "drawing from a hat" as someone else said. I'm So Cal, best buy last March, on tmo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome