Mate 9 issues after Oreo

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Anybody experienced any hiccups with Oreo? I find my Bluetooth does not automatically sync with my car FM transmitter unlike the previous update. I have to unpair and connect to the device again. I also cannot change the notification sound for Viber app at it takes me to the new app notification menu.

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the icon for text messages does not show the number of unread text messages anymore. It just shows a circle or bubble now

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the icon for text messages does not show the number of unread text messages anymore. It just shows a circle or bubble now

I think that can be fixed

Settings > Apps & Notification > Notification Management > Batch Management > three dots > Badges > Badge Display Mode

Attachments

• 145979.jpg
    145979.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 124

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was not getting push notifications promptly. I also have a LG V20 and a Moto Z2 Force. I generally just swap my SIM between the 3 so they all have the same apps on them.

I can see the other 2 devices getting notifications that I am not getting prompted for on my Huawei

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Okay, I ran into something new today and don't know whether it's Oreo or Huawei. I used my fingerprint sensor to open my phone and it said that every three days I have to use my pin code for added security. First, how does using the pin code instead of the sensor add security? I don't want the aggravation. I only set it up in the first place because the sensor works so fast. I've now disabled it all (for my purposes, I don't need password or fingerprint security). I'm just wondering where this policy came from.

GentleMuser

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I am having a problem getting my notification badges all the time. I use Nova and Textra. my batch management, batch display mode was set to "notification message" which I assume is correct. this isn't happening with every message, but it does happen often....
also randomly my text tones go quiet. Doesn't turn my phone to silent. I restarted the phone a couple of times to resolve this temporary situation.....

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I was having issues with Oreo replacing the unread message count badge in Textra and replacing it with just a dot. Found a work around in Nova launcher settings, though. Nova Settings > Notification Badges. Several choices there.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Battery life after update is ridiculous!
e70d865646c8d87591188d9d2da88c28.jpg

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
My Google Now page loads REALLY slow now.

Mine doesn't load any of the cards for ages. It was working on Oreo. I've since updated to the march security patch so it could be that or an update to the Google app.

Basically, when I swipe right the Google now page comes up but I only have the search bar. To get my Google info and cards back I have to keep swiping on / off Google now and eventually they pop up. Tried clearing the Google app cache and data, no difference.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with location sharing not updating since Oreo update?

Also there seems to be an added "feature" which when phone is placed in a clear plastic waterproof case(Ziploc bag basically) the phone asks to hold power and volume up to unlock phone. Anyone know how to fix these issues?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with location sharing not updating since Oreo update?

Also there seems to be an added "feature" which when phone is placed in a clear plastic waterproof case(Ziploc bag basically) the phone asks to hold power and volume up to unlock phone. Anyone know how to fix these issues?
Now that you mention it just a little bit sometimes. But it's not that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34