Mate 9 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
While I do check or an update now and again I’m wondering if I really want it. Right now the phone works as it should, no inherent problems. Is Oreo gonna bork my phone?... ‘cause there’s no real turning back if it does (at least not easily) so I’ll wait and let them take as much time as they want to get it right.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about getting Oreo on the Mate 9.
I have it now and it really isn't a tremendous improvement. There's a few changes in settings.
For me a few apps have been problematic.
I ended up factory resetting my Mate 9 and reinstalling favorite apps.
Two apps are still hobbled due to Oreo.
The app developers say fixes are forthcoming.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about getting Oreo on the Mate 9.
I have it now and it really isn't a tremendous improvement. There's a few changes in settings.
For me a few apps have been problematic.
I ended up factory resetting my Mate 9 and reinstalling favorite apps.
Two apps are still hobbled due to Oreo.
The app developers say fixes are forthcoming.

This kind of thing is what concerns me. Now, besides Oreo being “newer” what amazing things does it offer the Mate 9 user (newer security, yes)? Yes, I’ve read this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Oreo

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
As far as apps that are not running well with Oreo I ended up paying for an alternative app that wasn't left in the dust after the move to the newest OS.

Workbook89

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
At dawn, Bill noticed a shaddow on the horizon, but I assumed it was another mirage. But alas, Huawei rode into camp at the last moment and saved us all.

Finally!

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
My favorite new feature in EMUI 8.0 is the calling feature from a lock or darkened screen. Hold the volume button and speak the contact's name after the microphone prompt.

Must be enabled in Settings > Smart assistance > voice control.

I absolutely love this as I often disable auto brightness, to a lower than normal brightness setting. This can be a pain when I walk outside in hitting the auto button after unlock. Problem solved, as that is pretty much all I do while on the go.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci