Mate 9 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Mate 9 on mobile in the USA. I still haven't received the Oreo and EMUI update. Does anyone know when the update will be rolled out for everyone?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hard to say why some in the US haven't received the update via OTA.
I'm in the US and have the update.
Showed up for me around February 5th.

I'll say you should see it very soon.

hoola#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haven't received it yet either. I think maybe they send out batches and Listen for bug reports, then send out more. Who knows at this point.

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received it yet either. It's not like my phone isn't working smoothly on N and EMUI 5.0, But I really want to try out 8.0, and EMUI 8.0.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting here too. Have had the Mate 9 since January 2017. It works great - very impressive device. Yeah, I'd like the update - and really need the security patch (currently at April 2017), but I'd rather they get the update right if there's any issues with it before releasing it to me. But I hope it's soon.

Workbook89

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Still waiting here too. Look, I like this phone, but the lack of timely security updates means this is likely my first and last Huawei device.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting here too. Look, I like this phone, but the lack of timely security updates means this is likely my first and last Huawei device.

Have you checked on firmware finder (Google store). Android Oreo should be on there for your phone and the version 23/01 should be approved for install

Workbook89

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
I shouldn't have to use a work around or any other shenanagins... it should just work.

Having said that, yes, I have tried. The process has failed multiple times at varios stages without any rhyme or reasin. Needless to say, this is a very frustrating experience, and I know I am not alone.

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I shouldn't have to use a work around or any other shenanagins... it should just work.

Having said that, yes, I have tried. The process has failed multiple times at varios stages without any rhyme or reasin. Needless to say, this is a very frustrating experience, and I know I am not alone.

Good news is that with Project Treble, this will be the last painful Android update (so we are told). We might be on EMUI 8.0 forever, but should have a good experience updating to "P", as Huawei had flat out insisted the Mate 9 build is Treble ready. And that Google is working closely with Huawei as a primary partner in the development process.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Any ideas when or if the prep update is ever coming to the UK. Kinda getting fed up of checking 10 times a day now. 😒

I got bored and used firmware finder. On my phone it showed that the 23/01 version of Oreo was approved for my handset so ran the FF proxy then set up proxy on WiFi to local host and the system update check finds the update. I got the full instructions on xda developers but was really straight forward

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
The update was finally pushed to my phone and available to download as of this morning. FINALLY

#metoo . Finally got it overnight. Wahoo! No performance issues or bugs so far. Love the new settings layout. Still, a lot to learn now.

Jan 1 security patch is nice, and long overdue. I can use my Bluetooth in public again as the BluBorne vulnerability is now fixed. All in all, worth the wait.

Workbook89

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Day 26 and losing hope. The provisions are exhausted, and we have resorted to eating the horses. The weather is turning, and Mike has descended into madness.

Huawei, please send help when you reach Oreo...

Last edited: