What to buy after Huawei Mate 9?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've loved this phone since I bought it in early 2017----the best phone I have ever owned. It gets used hard and has held up remarkably well--even after several drops (young kids getting hold of it). That said, it is starting to show the toll of that heavy use and abuse, and I am wondering where to go next? Mate 10 Pro looks great but no SD slot or headphone jack makes me trepidatious. So.... what do I do? Should I just buy another Mate 9?

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Over the years I've owned almost every Android flagship phone and the Mate 10 Pro (US Variant) continues to be my phone of choice. 128GB is more than enough storage for me and I have a multitude of apps, although I use Google photos and streaming services, so I don't keep a lot of music, photo, and video files on my phone. Also, using a dongle with my headphones has become second nature. You can get a new Huawei Mate 10 Pro BLA-A09 for under $500 and nothing else compares at that price.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I loved the Mate 9, and just got a Mate 20(not pro) and love it and I find it comes very close to a 2018 improved version of the Mate 9. I was able to find one in the US for 629 on Amazon.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Just had a hard drop with my Mate 9 while out last night celebrating new years. Top of the glass partly broken. Even worse the bottom speakers are out. Was hoping to get another year out of it. Smh

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
For the past 7 or 8 years I've changed phones every 2-4 months as I get bored really easy. Mate 10 Pro is the first and only phone that's ever kept me satisfied for a full year. It has less bells and whistles than the Note 8 I had before it but it's just been a great all rounder. I've never felt the need for an SD slot on it. I'm still hovering around 65gb used so plenty to play with. Headphone jack and wireless charging are probably the only things I miss but no great loss. I'll probably upgrade to the Mate 20 Pro or P30 Pro when I'm due my upgrade in March