Huawei installing new software, Stuck on 90%, have I lost all my data?

A

AC Question

Hello, I have a Huawei Mate S, the power button stopped responding so I couldn't lock my phone. I decided to download a volume button lock app to lock but then I still couldn't switch my phone off so I held the power button for long enough, it restarted my phone and took me to a menu with three options: 1. Reboot now 2. Factory Reset 3. Wipe cache partition... :( Did not want to factory reset because I haven't backed up in a while, I chose to wipe partition and then reboot but it always took me back to the same menu with 3 options and now it got worse because its trying to install huawei software and it gets stuck on 90% everytime and worst is...it still can't switch off, only restarts back in to that huawei software installing screen. Please help, have I lost all my data? What's causing it to get stuck at 90%. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That doesn't sound good -- I'd guess it's a problem with either the firmware or the hardware. If your data was only locally saved, it's lost -- are you sure you didn't back it up or sync it recently?