How is everyone liking their Media Pad 3? Good, great or any bad?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So far this has been probably one of the best tablets I've used. I've tried most every Apple and high end Samsung. I haven't tried the Pixel but I do know it's way overpriced like Apple is. Google had a good product in the Nexus line but they couldn't resist the greed for money and basically replaced the Nexus 6p and put a Pixel name on it and doubled the price. I'm pretty serious about that. Anyways just curious of your all feedback on this tablet. Let me know your likes and if any dislikes. I'd want to explore the dislikes on mine. So far I've not found any negatives. Only bad thing that comes to mind is I couldn't find a celluar model as I can't stand being restricted to wifi what so ever

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I love mine so far. I had a Nexus 7 2012, and a Nexus 7 2013. I have also had some experience with the Asus Zenpad S 8.0 which I bought for my daughter and my wife. But I really like the build quality of the M3. Only con is the lack of 5mHz wifi, but apparently that is available through root.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I love mine so far. I had a Nexus 7 2012, and a Nexus 7 2013. I have also had some experience with the Asus Zenpad S 8.0 which I bought for my daughter and my wife. But I really like the build quality of the M3. Only con is the lack of 5mHz wifi, but apparently that is available through root.
I personally want a cellular version so I can take it on the road with me and not always rely on wifi. That's my only wish. This tablet is by far the best Android tablet to date.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for one with LTE as well. I have a Tab E with LTE, which works great, but really looking forward to a Huawei tablet. If it's anything like the quality of my Mate 9, then I'm in.

jimmyjam22

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Really liking mine 32G. I came from Nexus 7 2013, comparing to the M3 is a world of difference. M3 is way better. Fast, sharp, crystal clear picture and sound.
I take mine on road trips, an alternative to not having the cell version is to tether. I watched a NFL game in the back seat, tethering on the M3.
Very happy

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I took a similar path.

1. Barnes and Noble nook that I rooted and ROMed to run stock android.
2. Nexus 7 (2012)
3. Nexus 7 (2013)
4. Samsung Tab S (this thing is still going my daughter and son in law still use it.)
5. Asus 8.5 M (not bad but slowed down over time)
6. Nexus 9 (Was just too big for my needs. I have a Surface 3 and that is 10 inches and I wanted something that fit into my pocket for trips to StarSucks)
7 . Huawei Media Pad M3.

So happy with this thing. I was trying to wait until the new Nexus or Pixel tablet came out, but Google too to long. Hopefully Huawei will keep up with android updates. That is the main reason I wanted to stick with Nexus/Pixel is for updates, love to play with the latest and greatest.

As far as LTE version. I just hotspot my phone.

I just realize, I spend to much money on electronics... HAHAHA I did sell the Nexus 9 for about $30 more than I purchased it for used... so there is that.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I really want a cellular version of this tablet. It's so equal to the iPad pro in every way. There isn't a better tablet on the market right now. This tablet is a hidden secret.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
iPad Pro?? this thing is much smaller. Unless you have the 10 inch...LOL

I forgot there was a 10 inch version.

johninsf

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got this a couple days ago.

1. Performance and build quality are great.

2. You either love or hate IMUI 4.1. It has its quirks, not always intuitive but has potential. Come quick IM5 and Nougat. 😎

3. I installed my favorite launcher - Action 3. It is flexible, easy, intuitive, and really customizable. Works great.

4. To ensure longevity of use and updated on my own timeline, I will eventually root and install a custom ROM. If anyone knows of ROMs that are working on the M3, let me know.

5. Based on what is announced at MWC, I may still send this back for the S3 or any other 8 inch tablet that is good or better than this one.

6. This M3 is getting so little traction in the forums that I fear it will not have the open ROM market I would hope.

That's all I got..

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just got this a couple days ago.

1. Performance and build quality are great.

2. You either love or hate IMUI 4.1. It has its quirks, not always intuitive but has potential. Come quick IM5 and Nougat. 😎

3. I installed my favorite launcher - Action 3. It is flexible, easy, intuitive, and really customizable. Works great.

4. To ensure longevity of use and updated on my own timeline, I will eventually root and install a custom ROM. If anyone knows of ROMs that are working on the M3, let me know.

5. Based on what is announced at MWC, I may still send this back for the S3 or any other 8 inch tablet that is good or better than this one.

6. This M3 is getting so little traction in the forums that I fear it will not have the open ROM market I would hope.

That's all I got..
Unless your just dead set on a custom ROM there is not a better tablet on the market for this price range. This tablet far exceeds all I've used and tested. Only thing missing is celluar. If it had that it's the ultimate tablet. EMUI to me is the best. Love it.

johninsf

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Unless your just dead set on a custom ROM there is not a better tablet on the market for this price range. This tablet far exceeds all I've used and tested. Only thing missing is celluar. If it had that it's the ultimate tablet. EMUI to me is the best. Love it.
Thanks for the response! Not dead set on custom ROM... Just like options and other launchers are providing this. 😃 This is why I(we) love Android!

The tablet is really nice for sure. The Harman sound is awesome and love dual speakers on any device.

There are definitely features in IMUI that are cool. It will be interesting to see IMUI5 with Nougat and how they come together.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response! Not dead set on custom ROM... Just like options and other launchers are providing this. 😃 This is why I(we) love Android!

The tablet is really nice for sure. The Harman sound is awesome and love dual speakers on any device.

There are definitely features in IMUI that are cool. It will be interesting to see IMUI5 with Nougat and how they come together.
Basically this tablet being that it has EMUI 4.1 is a huge version of the Honor 8. I know bc I use the Honor 8 as my daily phone and I love it. I just received my 5.0 update and thank goodness it's still EMUI. It's tweaked a bit but nothing crazy and like I've said in the Honor 8 forums, EMUI is so unique that it could easily be branded and offered to the masses as a third major software choice and easily hold its own against Android pure and IOS. EMUI offers zero real world Android user interface feedback. It's totally in its own league I think. Many have disagreed with me but I've tested pretty much every Android out there and EMUI isn't Android. It's only compatible with Android and that's it. I love EMUI. I'd pick it over Android or IOS in a second.

dana b

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking at tablet possibilities, and this seems to be edging out the rest. I've had the 2013 and 2012 versions of the Nexus, and currently have the Zenpad S 8. I've mostly liked the Zenpad, except for a couple glitches here and there, but recently, it's started to do random restarts, which worries me.

I've seen in some reviews that some apps don't work on this tablet though? So I just wanted to double check my main, all the time apps. I use Moon+ Reader pro for reading, I web surf with Chrome, I use Adguard for ad blockage, and I browse tumblr. I don't do rooting, so I don't care much for roms and all that good stuff.

Is this tablet compatible with those apps, or is there a place I can check, please? Thanks!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking at tablet possibilities, and this seems to be edging out the rest. I've had the 2013 and 2012 versions of the Nexus, and currently have the Zenpad S 8. I've mostly liked the Zenpad, except for a couple glitches here and there, but recently, it's started to do random restarts, which worries me.

I've seen in some reviews that some apps don't work on this tablet though? So I just wanted to double check my main, all the time apps. I use Moon+ Reader pro for reading, I web surf with Chrome, I use Adguard for ad blockage, and I browse tumblr. I don't do rooting, so I don't care much for roms and all that good stuff.

Is this tablet compatible with those apps, or is there a place I can check, please? Thanks!
I'm quite sure all of those apps you mentioned will work just fine. I know chrome is perfect and another couple you mentioned. I too had the Zenpad 8.0 S and I can tell you beyond 100 percent shadow of a doubt that the this tablet is 100 times better than the Zenpad. It's lightning fast, enhanced sound system and very high screen resolution. I actually watch all of my movies on my MedPad 3. I got the 64gig version which comes with an amazingly good and comfortable set of earbuds and put them on and you have HAD quality sound right from your tablet. I'm Telling you for all of you who read this you have no idea what you are missing out on. I've owned or tested so many tablets and have even owned the iPad pro 3 times. This tablet is just as equal to or even better in some ways to the iPad pro and I highly respect that device like no other. So at this price point you get the possibly best hidden secret of a tablet on the market. I absolutely love mine and would not consider anything else at all. It's amazing to me the sheer amount of people who have not realized this tablet nor some never even know it exists, yet it's one or the top two tablets comparably speaking currently offered on the market right now. If you are on the fence on this tablet I can tell you it's one you will be thrilled to use everyday as I know I have mine. This is coming from someone who's owned or tested a ton of mobile devices too. When I say it incredible I truly mean that in every way. I would never steer anyone wrong at all. I post here to help and interact with others. This tablet is hands down one of the top or best you can get and it offers to me the best user experience there is out there.

To the post above, you should be perfectly fine with all those apps.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This is much better than the Zenpad in almost everyway. No doubt.

You should be able to run the apps in question if they are on the play store. I can check to see if they are listed in the play store on this device when i get home if you want.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This is much better than the Zenpad in almost everyway. No doubt.

You should be able to run the apps in question if they are on the play store. I can check to see if they are listed in the play store on this device when i get home if you want.
I'm quite sure most any play store apps will run unless they are specific to a mobile phone device only say for example there are two versions of Amazon one for the phone and one for the tablet. Also he can always try and download the APK file like you have to do with Amazon video for Android. There are ways around it but typically I would this his should work if they did on the Zenpad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad