I just received m3 today. After installing apps, icon are scattered all over several panels. I've checked the 'more settings' and the auto-align option is on. I tired toggled this option on and off several times and powered down the device several times ... but the issue still exists. Not sure what I can do to auto align and sort icons under emui 4.1. (Other than manually move them... ) Any suggestions? Thank you.
    01-30-2017 12:49 PM
    I just received m3 today. After installing apps, icon are scattered all over several panels. I've checked the 'more settings' and the auto-align option is on. I tired toggled this option on and off several times and powered down the device several times ... but the issue still exists. Not sure what I can do to auto align and sort icons under emui 4.1. (Other than manually move them... ) Any suggestions? Thank you.
    I've always moved mine accordingly. Just to be sure your icons are not out of line or off center, correct? I assume that you mean that they are not lining up from A to Z? I know with my Honor 8 I've always just moved my icons myself but I've not ever tried to use the auto function. Let me know more of your issue exactly. I'll try and help you or get an answer for you.
    tanus likes this.
    01-30-2017 04:56 PM
    I've always moved mine accordingly. Just to be sure your icons are not out of line or off center, correct? I assume that you mean that they are not lining up from A to Z? I know with my Honor 8 I've always just moved my icons myself but I've not ever tried to use the auto function. Let me know more of your issue exactly. I'll try and help you or get an answer for you.
    It's not only the sorting of icons from A to Z. For example, currently I have 5 icons in a row. Let's say I uninstall one app whose position is in the middle of the row. The currently setting would leave that position in the row empty after the incon is removed and it won't rearrange icons automatically to fill in that positon. Thank you.
    01-30-2017 06:27 PM
    Tap on desktop in open space. Should or might see Settings. I'm on Mate 9 which has EMUI 5 as default launcher.

Icon grid arrangement is in launcher settings.
    02-03-2017 06:05 PM
    Thanks, Gayle. As indicated in the original post, the launcher's auto-align setting is already selected and it doesn't align icons. Mediapad M3 comes with EMUI 4.1. I appreciate your help.
    02-04-2017 05:04 PM
    Interestingly, in EMUI 5 there is no option to auto-align, so they made it mandatory.

There is an option to auto-align vacancies. And also, shake to align home screen icons.
    I used the first, but don't like the results, and never enabled the 2nd option.

5.0 improvements will I assume show up when 7.x becomes available, and think I'll but one for myself.
    02-04-2017 05:52 PM