B303 Upgrade - No Bluetooth?

WhitcombeRD

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Ive just bought a Mediapad M3 64gb LTE (BTV-DL09) european version. It came on firmware B010 (Android 6). There doesn't seem to be any OTA offering for Nougat at all.

I tried to flash it to 303 using the dload method. That "worked" to an extent but Bluetooth wouldn't turn on. I did a factory reset and no keyboard was present (voice only) so i was unable to even go past the set up wizard.

So i rolled back to 300 then b009 then to 010 using the rollback package.

Next i tried to upgrade using Firmware Finder. I tried 2 different B303 fullOTA files (different revision dates) from there (both said authorised for this device) and same issue - no bluetooth at all. So the upgrade path was 009 > 010 > 303.

Bluetooth works perfectly on Android 6 but failing totally on Android 7 ive tried.

Can anyone suggest how to get upgraded to Android 7 with working Bluetooth or which specific firmware revisions to try to get this thing upgraded? Seems like a nice tablet but i really need Android 7 not 6 and the lighter weight skin.

Last edited:

WhitcombeRD

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Forgot that bit, based in the UK but the M3 was ordered from Hong Kong (as nobody sells the LTE version in the country at all).
It came with C100B10 firmware on it.

WhitcombeRD

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Its taken several days but finally a fix. Although it arrived with working C100 (eu) firmware when i checked the vendor hw region code it was "spcseas".

After a few hours playing around, installing TWRP and replacing the oeminfo partition with an EU one the 303 firmware installed and everything works. Time will tell if it picks up OTA updates on top of this now but it seems that was the problem.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Forgot that bit, based in the UK but the M3 was ordered from Hong Kong (as nobody sells the LTE version in the country at all).
It came with C100B10 firmware on it.

Managed to get mine from Germany at a good price(I`m in the UK too)...glad you`ve got it sorted it`s really a great tablet to own

JimB1210

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Its taken several days but finally a fix. Although it arrived with working C100 (eu) firmware when i checked the vendor hw region code it was "spcseas".

After a few hours playing around, installing TWRP and replacing the oeminfo partition with an EU one the 303 firmware installed and everything works. Time will tell if it picks up OTA updates on top of this now but it seems that was the problem.

Hi i ran into the same prob, cant find anywhere else where anyone has fixed bluetooth after upgrading to nougart, can you explain a bit more in detail on how you fixed it? thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz