I have had my MediaPad M3 64GB / 4GB Gold for about 6 months now.
    Here are my biggest gripes:

1. Security Patch is still on May 2017. Huwaei is absolutely not interested in keeping these up to date. I mean no Oreo is okay but c'mon at least put the security patches out on a quarterly basis at a minimum!

2. Lousy output via headphone jack. This tablet has awesome speakers but absolutely crappy output via the headphone jack.

3. WiFi download speeds seem to be slow. All my other devices get 50 Mbps (which is what the service provider speeds are) but this one seems to only get up to 18 Mbps on a good day. Usually it stays around 12Mbps. Not very happy about this at all.
    12-11-2017 03:57 PM
    I find it annoying that I've had it for over 2 weeks and no update to 7.0 yet. I contacted them and they sent me a PDF explaining how there updates roll out and not to update it any other way because it will void your warranty.
    And yes the wifi speeds are slower than my other devices but it hasn't really been noticeable unless doing a speed test.
    12-12-2017 01:39 PM
    I swapped out my older FIOS router with the new quantum gateway and now the speeds are matching my other devices.
    12-13-2017 04:50 PM
    No idea why mine isn't "updating".
    12-28-2017 02:28 PM
    I contacted them again through a chat session the other day and they basically told me it's Google's fault. I think that's a bogus excuse. Any other device I've ever took out of the box immediately updates itself to the latest software.
    12-29-2017 10:04 AM
    Biggest gripe.....EMUI! I should just install Nova and get over it! GRIN!
    12-29-2017 12:37 PM
    ^^^^^ yup lol. In the brief time I played with it the Huawei launcher didn't stand out as particularly impressive.
    12-29-2017 06:56 PM
    I've had it since Thanksgiving and it still won't update. At this point, I'm assuming it likely never will.
    01-07-2018 02:17 PM
    I was in the exact same place you were, waited over a month, and contacted Huawei 2 times and even heard it was Google's fault! Finally went the firmware finder rout. Right after that I deleted firmware finder and then got 2 more updates OTA right away. Once you download firmware finder they have instructional video links to YouTube.
    01-08-2018 06:48 PM
    I was in the exact same place you were, waited over a month, and contacted Huawei 2 times and even heard it was Google's fault! Finally went the firmware finder rout. Right after that I deleted firmware finder and then got 2 more updates OTA right away. Once you download firmware finder they have instructional video links to YouTube.
    I am going to try this out and report back. Although it looks like they have pushed out the November Security patch update (finally)!
    01-18-2018 04:42 PM
    In general, I am satisfied with the Uuawei M3 - now updated to Android 7. I would very much like to have the wirelesd internet connection over 5 MHz, and can't understand why only 2.4MHz is available.
    02-05-2018 03:59 PM
    In general, I am satisfied with the Uuawei M3 - now updated to Android 7. I would very much like to have the wirelesd internet connection over 5 MHz, and can't understand why only 2.4MHz is available.
    You mean only 2.4GHz WiFi is available, correct?
    Yeah, but with a good router you should be fine. I get about 50 Mbps and I do not turn Bluetooth on the tablet.
    02-14-2018 04:33 PM
    In my home 2.4 MHz wifi downloads at 15 - 20 Mbps while 5MHz wifi downloads at speeds gteatet than 50 Mbps. l suspect that something like my Nest Thrrmostst or "smart" light bulbs are causing the 2.4 MHz wifi to slow down - i.e. it'a not a router problem, but a nrteork problem due to something I sm running on my 2.4 MHz network. That's why I would like to have 5 MHz wifi availsble on my Huawei M3 as I have on my Pixel2 phone.
    02-19-2018 09:10 AM
    I do mean 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - Sorry!
    02-19-2018 09:12 AM
    EMUI, and the enormous battery drain when the tablet is in doze mode.

Is have set every power saving option possible, but is is still eating battery.

Such a day and night difference with my Moto G4 Plus with stock android and Nova launcher; almost no battery drain when in doze.
    03-02-2018 12:37 PM
    EMUI, and the enormous battery drain when the tablet is in doze mode.

Is have set every power saving option possible, but is is still eating battery.

Such a day and night difference with my Moto G4 Plus with stock android and Nova launcher; almost no battery drain when in doze.
    I have superb standby battery life. I think you might have a rogue app. I am impressed with how good the standby battery life is on this device as compared to my iPad Air 2.
    04-16-2018 02:45 PM
    I even did a hard reset, removed all the useless pre-installed apps like booking.com etc which are installed by default, switched off everything excluding WiFi and still got a battery drain of 4.5% overnight (8 hours) and 25% after 48 hours without touching the tablet so that doze could do it's magic. This translates to a drain of about 26.5 mA.
    My Moto G4 plus with 3000mAh battery, stock Android, fully loaded with syncing apps and BT, mobile data and GPS always on, does about 1.5% drain overnight which translates to a drain of about 5.6 mA.
    So there you have the massive battery drain of the Mediapad M3.
    05-08-2018 03:16 PM
    You mean only 2.4GHz WiFi is available, correct?
    Yeah, but with a good router you should be fine. I get about 50 Mbps and I do not turn Bluetooth on the tablet.
    I found an interesting bug. If I have Bluetooth turned on my WiFi speeds drop to 10Mbps. If I turn Bluetooth off then the download speed goes back to 50Mbps. Weird.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-2018 12:27 AM
    I found an interesting bug. If I have Bluetooth turned on my WiFi speeds drop to 10Mbps. If I turn Bluetooth off then the download speed goes back to 50Mbps. Weird.
    Bluetooth uses the same radio frequency (2.4 Ghz) as the Wifi, so naturally if you enable it you should expect that you are self-creating radio interference. that's not a bug - that's the physics of the Universe in action...
    07-18-2018 06:33 AM
    I have a gripe.... Apps from the Amazon app store won't install. They download.... And that's it. Anyone else have this problem?
    08-04-2018 10:41 AM
    Bluetooth uses the same radio frequency (2.4 Ghz) as the Wifi, so naturally if you enable it you should expect that you are self-creating radio interference. that's not a bug - that's the physics of the Universe in action...
    So the solution is to connect to WiFi on the 5Ghz band, hence no interference with 2.4Ghz Bluetooth!

Oh wait...the m3 mediapad can't use 5Ghz WiFi on the USA model
    08-04-2018 09:21 PM
    So the solution is to connect to WiFi on the 5Ghz band, hence no interference with 2.4Ghz Bluetooth!

Oh wait...the m3 mediapad can't use 5Ghz WiFi on the USA model
    I decided to circumvent the issue by upgrading to the MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8" version which has both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. I am probably going to sell my M3 now.
    08-05-2018 04:46 PM
    I've been generally very pleased with my Mediapad m3. Good build quality, design, features, responsiveness and battery life. I am a little disappointed that it appears it will never get an Oreo upgrade, but not a huge problem.

HOWEVER, I've always been confused at the way widgets work (or rather don't) on the tablet. They very rarely update! I don't shut it down, so when I wake it and begin to use it, I expect that weather, news, email and other widgets will be somewhat updated. NONE of them display recent info, and some are showing info from days ago. Even after having used the tablet for an hour, or starting the apps related to the widgets, the info on the widgets is stale!

I've used Android devices for years, and have never seen this behavior. We currently have two LG phones, a G5 and a G6 with Nougat, and both keep the same apps' widgets updated fairly regularly.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Or is this a unique behavior of the Huawei flavor of Android?
    08-14-2018 10:09 AM
    I wonder if it's related to their aggressive app killing in the name of battery savings..
    08-18-2018 10:05 AM
    After losing my ipad mini2, I decided to get A Huawei tablet. And after much comparisons, I settled for the Huawei M5 and that's the best decision I ever made considering my budget. I have the 4GB + 64GB 2.5D Glass Display. I bought the Glass Screen protector for it. The tablet has a premium feel and I often get asked if people can handle it. People are always surprised it's a Huawei. I get a day's battery use with heavy YouTube-ing via WiFi that's always on. I love my Huawei M5 though am planning on getting the ipad.
    08-24-2018 01:19 AM