New update

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just received this in the morning.

BTV-W09C128B352
532 MB
This update optimizes per consumption and touchscreen sensitivity.

Google security patch from November 2017.

Better later than never, I guess.

My son got one of these for Christmas, and has still not gotten his update for EMUI 5.0

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. I bought my son one for Christmas also. It has not received any updates of any kind. It's sitting at Android 6 with June 2017 security file. I've emailed Huawei tech support and have not even gotten a response. I'm really liking the hardware but this is not acceptable to me. I Will probably return it to Newegg if I don't get the update soon.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Humph. Downloaded via firmware finder but it was flagged as unauthorized. Will try at a later date unless magically it finds the update on its own.

DiscoStu44

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these right before Thanksgiving. Still stuck on Android 6.0 and EMUI 4.1.3. Huawei claimed over a month ago that the update is being rolled out and that we'd get it OTA. I don't see how that could possibly have been accurate at this point. It clearly exists since some already have it, so I don't get what the holdup is.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I wrote to Huawei about this, and received the following response:

We kindly inform you that the Android 7.0 nougat update was released not too long ago. It might take a good 2-3 months for the update to be pushed to all of the mediapads.

- Reboot your mediapad every 4-5 days.

- Try connecting to different wi-fi networks if possible.

- Use the updater option in the main settings menu every week or so.

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Bam! My son's tablet just got the Nougat OTA update and November security patch yesterday. I'm a happy camper. It would still be great to get Oreo but I was never really expecting that.

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that I know for sure that Huawei is still updating them to Nougat, I would love to grab one for myself if they go back on sale for $200. At that price point, this tablet is a no brain'r.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I checked a couple of nights ago. No update yet. I will try again tonight. I just want the security patch update. I do not think this tablet is ever going to get Oreo.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
If I hadn't used firmware finder, I doubt if I'd have received the update to Nougat 7 either. it was only right after upgrading to EMUI 5 using firmware finder did I get a patch update from Huawei and then a few weeks ago, a second one taking me to EMUI 5.0.1 build 352 with a November 6 security patch date. The delay is unacceptable and I could have easily botched the upgrade, but wasn't willing to wait any longer as I was reading
how much of an improvement Android 7 is on the M3 and now having it, I'm completely happy with it.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Update: I tried updating my M3 using Firmware Finder but even after downloading the package, the tablet refused to update itself. I guess I just need to wait for three more months before Huawei pushes it out OTA!

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah not sure what went on... Firmware Finder worked great on the upgrade to Nougat... But it just didn't work on the latest update which was the November security update. Luckily I soon got the OTA update.

lgleb

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I updated the m3 via firmware to nougat some weeks ago. But I am still on Mai security patch (!) And I'm not getting any OTA update since then. Do U know why? Would I delete firmware finder to get new updates?
If some users here have the November security patch it should be available for me also?
There is a newer firmware available via firmware finder also. But it fails to install for some reasons...

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I installed the OTA security update a couple days ago. Tonight when I woke the tablet, by touching the fingerprint reader, I was greeted with a security screen requiring me to enter my PIN. The caption said it would be required every 3 days for security reasons.

Is this new, or have I bungled a setting somewhere? I really don't see the need for this extra step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85