WiFi disconnecting from network and not finding it again

Hawk Conqui

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I cam into a problem recently on my Mediapad M3. I just recently updated to Android 7.0 with EMUI 5, I was hoping this would solve some of the smaller issues I've been having, and it did. Except, it brought on a much bigger problem. Now, if I leave my tablet in sleep mode for over an hour, roughly, the WiFi will disconnect from my network and refuse to reconnect or even see any networks at all. I can't just simply turn the WiFi on and off either as it instantly flips back on as soon as I turn it off. The only temporary way I can get around this is by forcibly restarting the device, it just shows the shutting down symbol infinitely if I do it normally. I was wondering if I could receive some assistance, thanks in advance.

demarcjw

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I cam into a problem recently on my Mediapad M3. I just recently updated to Android 7.0 with EMUI 5, I was hoping this would solve some of the smaller issues I've been having, and it did. Except, it brought on a much bigger problem. Now, if I leave my tablet in sleep mode for over an hour, roughly, the WiFi will disconnect from my network and refuse to reconnect or even see any networks at all. I can't just simply turn the WiFi on and off either as it instantly flips back on as soon as I turn it off. The only temporary way I can get around this is by forcibly restarting the device, it just shows the shutting down symbol infinitely if I do it normally. I was wondering if I could receive some assistance, thanks in advance.

I also have the same problem here. Got my Huawei M3 exactly a month ago and got the Nougat update upon boot up. No issues whatsoever until yesterday. Wifi disconnects, can't find networks, and the on and off switch flips back when switched either way. I heard of security patches update for Feb 2018, but I have not received mine. Hoping that would fix this issue. Like what you said only way to fix this now is reboot the tablet. Yesterday I tried that for the first time, but my tablet became unresponsive, the touch screen stopped working, and so I thought I wasted money on this tablet. I left my tablet to rest for a while and after a couple of hours the screen worked again. But the wifi issues again. Hope anyone has solutions to offer. Thanks

Last edited:

Iggypop2

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing and have to forcibly restart to get it working again. Hold power off button for 10 seconds. Anyone has, found a solution?

AndrasDucz

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, exact same issue here also..... I think we should all contact Huawei support (I already have), maybe they will solve this in a new update.

demarcjw

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I factory reset my device just now after the constant wifi issues. Hoping this will help somehow in the meantime. Will post an update for any improvements if any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer