Scratch resistance of M5 glass?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This looks like a very new forum but I'll give it a shot....

I was told that the M5 8.4 has aluminosilicate glass. I have never heard of this. Is this type of glass scratch resistant? Anyone know how it stands up to, for example, Gorilla glass?

Thanks!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass is an aluminosilicate glass.

That I actually learned in my research. But... Gorilla glass comes in many forms. It's been "improving" in each iteration. I am trying to determine if I can just go without a screen protector because the one I bought basically sucks and it sure looks like they are all the same on Amazon.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That I actually learned in my research. But... Gorilla glass comes in many forms. It's been "improving" in each iteration. I am trying to determine if I can just go without a screen protector because the one I bought basically sucks and it sure looks like they are all the same on Amazon.

I'm not rough with my devices nor do I have any young one around me. So most of my device is pretty naked. Most screen protector actually sucks. :)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually ended up finding a screen protector and I'm reasonably satisfied with it. The only drawback is that it creates an indentation where the button is at the base of the screen. You feel it but I am used to it at this point. I don't trust whatever this glass is and I travel a lot. This protector is working out well.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGRYNZ7/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My review is there too.... the only one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech