Hola,

Considering buying my wife a huawei ( she has a honor 8 ATM, which she loves )

Is there anywhere I can get the carrier firmware to enable VoLTE and WiFi calling?

I'm a Samsung guy and used to get fw from sammobile and flashing via Odin. Anything similar for huawei?

Has anyone in the UK done this for EE?

Cheers
    Bosshogg.
    03-14-2018 04:41 AM
    I'm not sure EE have their own specific firmware for Huawei phones like Samsung etc. I'm pretty sure they use the generic European Firmware so it might just work straight out the box. FunkyHuawei would be your best bet if at all possible but they charge you for timed access to the site and firmware files and it's not cheap.
    I've not tried yet because I'm still growing grey and old waiting for Sky Mobile to activate those features lol
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    03-14-2018 06:04 AM
    I'm not sure EE have their own specific firmware for Huawei phones like Samsung etc. I'm pretty sure they use the generic European Firmware so it might just work straight out the box. FunkyHuawei would be your best bet if at all possible but they charge you for timed access to the site and firmware files and it's not cheap.
    I've not tried yet because I'm still growing grey and old waiting for Sky Mobile to activate those features lol
    Cheers for the suggestion mate.

You might get sky WiFi calling on your note 9..
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-14-2018 07:04 AM
    Seems you were right @dov1978. Spoke with EE tech team. WiFi calling and VoLTE out the box on any unlocked Huawei that supports it on EE SIM.

Cheers.
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-15-2018 07:43 AM
    Seems you were right @dov1978. Spoke with EE tech team. WiFi calling and VoLTE out the box on any unlocked Huawei that supports it on EE SIM.

Cheers.
    Nice one. What phone are you thinking of getting her mate?
    03-15-2018 09:52 AM
    Going SIM free again. Probably the P10.

Although she doesn't really care. How it feels in her small feminine hands most important.
    Might go much cheapness, £50 cash back on the new P Smart till tomorrow.
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-15-2018 10:26 AM
    Going SIM free again. Probably the P10.

Although she doesn't really care. How it feels in her small feminine hands most important.
    Might go much cheapness, £50 cash back on the new P Smart till tomorrow.
    I had the P10 last year. Great all round phone, great size and excellent Leica cameras.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    03-15-2018 01:45 PM