My Review on the Huawei P10

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, the P10 is probably overshadowed by the G6, and S8 now. But the phone was just recently released in Singapore where I live. Got my hands on one since I was really impressed with the Mate 9. And it's pretty much like a smaller Mate 9 (which is a good thing to me).

It's a phone that gets most of the basics right. Good performance, decent camera, nice design, decent battery life, etc.

It's lacking stereo speakers (which i enjoyed on the Mate 9) but it still sounds really good. The bezels are a bit big, but at least there's no camera hump and phone is still really thin. No water resistance which is a bit of a downer. But in Singapore, the price is still quite decent at least (less than 700SGD, or around 500USD). Which is important because the P10 probably wouldn't be able to win the S8, but since it's cheaper, I still think it's a pretty decent option.

At this point, I think Samsung is so far ahead of other Android OEMs in terms of hardware that it's going to be difficult to be able to just jump to their level straight away. But Huawei is improving at least.

Anyway, video review if anyone is interested. :)

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the review. I also own the Huawei P10 and I'm fully satisfied with it. My only gripe is the screen which is missing the oleophobic coating which makes it very smudge-prone. Battery is really good and lasts me throughout the day. Generally very happy with my decision to get this phone now. S8 on the way though :p

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the review. I also own the Huawei P10 and I'm fully satisfied with it. My only gripe is the screen which is missing the oleophobic coating which makes it very smudge-prone. Battery is really good and lasts me throughout the day. Generally very happy with my decision to get this phone now. S8 on the way though :p

Thanks! I think the P10 is a pretty good phone too. I don't mind the oleophobic coating much since I have a screen protector on my phones anyway. But for those who doesn't like using screen protector, I can see it being a major annoyance. Kinda peculiar since the Mate 9 had it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mania626

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

How come you have this phone if is not even out yet?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your review, OP! Huawei as a company has made some decent strides in recent years, IMO. It's still a brand/manufacturer that's not as well known as Samsung and others; which is unfortunate because I think their devices are great but underrated. I have an Honor 8 and most people have no clue what it is, but tell me they like it/like how it looks. I'm hoping that once Huawei gets some more brand recognition, its sales will improve and maybe one day, it will be a top contender.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your review, OP! Huawei as a company has made some decent strides in recent years, IMO. It's still a brand/manufacturer that's not as well known as Samsung and others; which is unfortunate because I think their devices are great but underrated. I have an Honor 8 and most people have no clue what it is, but tell me they like it/like how it looks. I'm hoping that once Huawei gets some more brand recognition, its sales will improve and maybe one day, it will be a top contender.

Needs a bigger ad budget and an in-store presence for more people to know about it.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the review @Alex_Hong , it's always great to get customer reviews. Sometimes we don't always get the full story from popular websites. 😃

As you said at the end, Huawei is definitely improving and who knows, in a couple years time they could be a top contender in the US. Having a all round good device is the best way to continue gaining customers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review @Alex_Hong , it's always great to get customer reviews. Sometimes we don't always get the full story from popular websites. ??????

As you said at the end, Huawei is definitely improving and who knows, in a couple years time they could be a top contender in the US. Having a all round good device is the best way to continue gaining customers.

Getting on carriers and spending the marketing money to be side by side with Apple and Samsung is how you become a top contender in the US.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Got myself a P10 Plus and it is great. Lovely build quality and great looks. Batterylife is exellent and the phone is fast and fluid. Recieved a 800+ mb update yesterday improving camera performance and picture quality and system stability.
I love the camera on this one, so fun to use and delivering great results 👍

Dance23

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
What do you think of the Yamaha and Harman works on the amp, DAC and jackplug for the headphones? I like it, detail and engaging with especially rock acoustic and jazz. Use BW P5 jack headphones

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 OHM and the sound is very good. Full bodied and detailed with great separation. Same result when I stream music to my Beolit 17 through Bluetooth.

Dance23

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I agree good separation between instruments in fact that was something I clearly noticed, and much details. I also like how it works in Bluetooth.

CharlotteB112

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi Alex I read your review wen I was thinking of buying the p10 so thank you. Would you mind helping me out with something I am struggling with. I can't seem to send and receive group texts and I am unsure of how to do it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11