Mate 9 6gb 128gb or P10+?

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this dilemma right now too. Definitely trading in my s8 and getting the Mate 9 or P10 Plus. I was waiting for the Mate 10 but from the leaks it seems they're going with the 2:1 screen ratio now too and I'm sick of those already AND the reported pricing puts it as expensive as the Note 8 and iPhone 8. like the size, style and battery of of the Mate 9 but the P10 Plus has a better screen and slightly better camera. The Mate 9 is also cheaper BUT the main decider for me that will probably sway me to the P10 Plus is the Finger Print Sensor on the front. My phone spends much of the day on a windscreen mount so being able to wake the phone from the front is a major thing for me and since there's no Double Tap to Wake etc on either the easiest way to wake the phone is with the front mounted FPS.
What lean me towards the P10+ actually is the biggest apperture from back camera. In addition, P10 have better algorithm on auto.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I still didn't buy it.

I'm waiting the lasts upgrades on P10+ to know if its battery life turns to get better.

How much SoT are you getting?

I read some guys getting just 3-4 hours. For a 3750mah battery, I think its not enought.

3-4 SoT is what I've heard on reviews as well. Just under 5 hours. They do have the Ultra Saving Mode which gets me thru the whole day on my Honor 8. It'll only limit you to use 6 apps max and nothing runs on the back ground to save battery life

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this dilemma right now too. Definitely trading in my s8 and getting the Mate 9 or P10 Plus. I was waiting for the Mate 10 but from the leaks it seems they're going with the 2:1 screen ratio now too and I'm sick of those already AND the reported pricing puts it as expensive as the Note 8 and iPhone 8. like the size, style and battery of of the Mate 9 but the P10 Plus has a better screen and slightly better camera. The Mate 9 is also cheaper BUT the main decider for me that will probably sway me to the P10 Plus is the Finger Print Sensor on the front. My phone spends much of the day on a windscreen mount so being able to wake the phone from the front is a major thing for me and since there's no Double Tap to Wake etc on either the easiest way to wake the phone is with the front mounted FPS.
Which one did u choose?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet. I sold my Galaxy s8 today so I'll be looking at both over the weekend and trying to decide. I can see it coming down to tossing a coin at this rate.

There are coin toss apps, if you need help with that!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Let me know what was your decision.

Maybe I follow your lead. :)

I'm probably going to order the P10 Plus. I tried both in store yesterday and both were gorgeous but the P10 Plus was just the right size and the front facing FPS is definitely a big deciding factor for me. I also played around with the regular sized P10 and thats probably confused me even further as it made me want a smaller phone again seeing as most of my phones lately have been 5.5" or larger. Only problem there is the regular P10 has the exact same camera as the Mate 9 and not the slightly improved one in the P10 Plus

Yao_Guai

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm probably going to order the P10 Plus. I tried both in store yesterday and both were gorgeous but the P10 Plus was just the right size and the front facing FPS is definitely a big deciding factor for me. I also played around with the regular sized P10 and thats probably confused me even further as it made me want a smaller phone again seeing as most of my phones lately have been 5.5" or larger. Only problem there is the regular P10 has the exact same camera as the Mate 9 and not the slightly improved one in the P10 Plus
I think mate 9 has second generation leica if my reading is accurate. Camera in p10 is not the same as mate 9. I know for sure that P10 Plus' camera is superior on paper due to wider aperture but it's very hard to see any actual better results unless you're pixel peeping.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I think mate 9 has second generation leica if my reading is accurate. Camera in p10 is not the same as mate 9. I know for sure that P10 Plus' camera is superior on paper due to wider aperture but it's very hard to see any actual better results unless you're pixel peeping.

There's a slight difference in pic quality. The P10 Plus is a little superior.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Mate 9 and P10 camera's are identical. Only the P10 Plus is different and improved

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

How is the experience with your new phone?