Good morning everyone, I just got my P10 Plus last night and I am looking for any tips or advice on getting the most out of my phone. After almost 10 years, I have finally left BlackBerry As great as the KEYone is, at least in the reviews, I just couldn't see myself using the keyboard. I've had the Priv and DTEK 50 since launch, so I'm familiar with the Android experience. I hardly used the slide out keyboard on the Priv, actually hated using it. And the 50 was obviously a touchscreen only. With the smaller screen size and the keyboard that I was never going to use, I figured it was finally time to try other phones (The extra wide keyboard of the Passport spoiled and ruined me for any other keyboard). The dual Leica camera's on the P10 Plus is what sold me. I wasn't a fan of the wide angle dual setup on the LG G6, so the P10 Plus it is

So, any tips or advice you can offer?
    07-14-2017 11:04 AM
    Good morning everyone, I just got my P10 Plus last night and I am looking for any tips or advice on getting the most out of my phone. After almost 10 years, I have finally left BlackBerry As great as the KEYone is, at least in the reviews, I just couldn't see myself using the keyboard. I've had the Priv and DTEK 50 since launch, so I'm familiar with the Android experience. I hardly used the slide out keyboard on the Priv, actually hated using it. And the 50 was obviously a touchscreen only. With the smaller screen size and the keyboard that I was never going to use, I figured it was finally time to try other phones (The extra wide keyboard of the Passport spoiled and ruined me for any other keyboard). The dual Leica camera's on the P10 Plus is what sold me. I wasn't a fan of the wide angle dual setup on the LG G6, so the P10 Plus it is

So, any tips or advice you can offer?
    Run Phone manager a couple times a week, and the phone starts learning your habits to save battery. The intelligent battery is great.

But anyway else depends on our usage. Get to know the cameras, it has alot of tweaking options. Usually I use HDR for ordinary pics. Food specs for beer and food pics, portrait option for selfie or portrait and try the monochrome black and white photos... It's great.
    07-14-2017 12:08 PM
    I have run Phone Manager a few times already, thanks for the heads up on that.

So far, my favourite "trick" is the double press on the volume down button from lock to take a photo. Almost always takes a photo in less than a second (so far 0.7 secs is my best, usually 0.8 to 0.9) and its been great for catching those photos that I was missing before.

Anyone else?
    07-17-2017 11:04 AM
    you're missing out on the KEYone BRO.
    07-19-2017 09:39 PM
    Blackberry is mostly for special interested. The screen is to small, and keyboard in 2017 is for old people imo. But I bet it is solid built. Not awailable here in Europe tho.
    07-20-2017 03:29 AM
    I've played with the KEYone as my brother-in-law has it. Its a nice phone but I find the keyboard too small (again, I was spoiled with the keyboard on the Passport). And the screen is definitely too small.
    07-20-2017 09:33 AM
    This reply might be a bit too late for this thread. I am a long term BlackBerry user myself. Would suggest the following on your P10.

1. Switch to using the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. BB's VKB is still one of the best out there.

2. Try a launcher called TSF Launcher Prime - it is free (or Nova Launcher Prime) to set up gestures which can mimic your BlackBerry experience. I use swipe up to launch email (like Hub) and swipe down to pull down the notifications menu so I don't have to reach up to the top of the screen. The launcher (TSF) also allows you to set up a slide out dock on the left or right side of the screen to access more apps at the flick of a finger.

3. Remember to whitelist your frequently used apps which need to run in the background otherwise the aggressive battery management may kill those off. Though I think the updated Phone Manager now learns and does this automatically.
    dpham00 likes this.
    08-12-2017 02:27 PM
    Did 1 and 3. As for 2, I'm not a fan of many 3rd party launchers. I installed the BlackBerry launcher as I was familiar with it from using the Priv and the Dtek50 but quickly went back to the stock Huawei launcher. Still fairly new to Android and not sure what native Huawei functionality I'd lose by changing the launcher. For example, the battery saving features that Huawei uses. I've only had to use them a couple times over the 2 months that I've had the phone but those couple of times have saved me having a dead phone before getting home. Would I lose that battery saving feature if I switched to another launcher?
    08-30-2017 03:09 PM
    Did 1 and 3. As for 2, I'm not a fan of many 3rd party launchers. I installed the BlackBerry launcher as I was familiar with it from using the Priv and the Dtek50 but quickly went back to the stock Huawei launcher. Still fairly new to Android and not sure what native Huawei functionality I'd lose by changing the launcher. For example, the battery saving features that Huawei uses. I've only had to use them a couple times over the 2 months that I've had the phone but those couple of times have saved me having a dead phone before getting home. Would I lose that battery saving feature if I switched to another launcher?
    I don't believe that battery saving would be most with a launcher. I have used other phones with third party launchers and battery saver still worked
    08-30-2017 06:23 PM
    Nova launcher is amazing. And I love BlackBerry virtual keyboard. Got it in my phone as well. I was thinking of checking out BlackBerry launcher again but I'm digging this Nova a lot
    08-30-2017 08:36 PM
    Nova launcher is great. I use it on most of my phones. I splurged and got nova prime for $0.25 a long time ago when it was on sale, well worth it.
    08-30-2017 11:56 PM
    Nova launcher is great. I use it on most of my phones. I splurged and got nova prime for $0.25 a long time ago when it was on sale, well worth it.
    Okay rich kid
    08-31-2017 01:15 AM
    Okay rich kid
    What can i say, i like to support app developers when i can
    08-31-2017 09:06 AM