Music Streaming interruptions

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
I just recently got a P10 plus, and loving the device except for a few quirks that I've been unable to resolve. The issue in questions is that i use various streaming apps for podcast and music, and whenever the screen goes to sleep on its own the app will stop working. I found a workaround which is to put the screen to sleep myself by pressing the power button, but i'd like to know what setting is causing this issue and how can i set it up to not close those apps on screen lock.

virxbmc

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I have a much older P8 lite, but check under Battery Management (or search) for Protected Apps. Add the apps that need to continue working when the screen is off.
If Protected Apps is not there anymore, it might be called something like Battery Optimization.

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
New owner of a P10 Plus here as well and I have also had similar issues. I found a padlock that seems to hold the app in memory, you find it in the recent screen. But might just have been lucky today.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Mine are all working fine on my P10 as long as they're protected in the battery settings. I think YouTube is the only one that still closes when you turn off the screen but that's the case for that app on any phone.

Are you using Battery Saver by any chance?

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
I found the solution on another site, so i thought i would share it here.

Settings - Apps - then press the settings button at the bottom of the screen - special access - ignore battery optimization - show all.

Then make the changes there.

Cheers,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user