How many different Huawei devices have you owned?

mlee1999

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I'm a fan of phones not from the big three. I like carrying unique devices. Just hit or miss if they have LTE on TMobile but love no carrier and bloat.

Using a bright blue Mi6 I got from buddy worldspy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I'm a fan of phones not from the big three. I like carrying unique devices. Just hit or miss if they have LTE on TMobile but love no carrier and bloat.

Absolutely - I couldn't agree with you more! I love unique devices as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Huawei is the third largest or second largest smartphone maker in the world, depending on the data you are using

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The Mate 9 is my first Huawei device. The past three phones I've had were LG flagships (G3, G4, & V10). So far I am loving my Mate 9!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Simply cause of the price of the performance with amazing camera. After owning one, I don't need another $600+ phone to do what I do on phones.

I agree with you. It's really hard to pay premium prices when you know a device can perform the job just as well for a fraction of the cost.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. It's really hard to pay premium prices when you know a device can perform the job just as well for a fraction of the cost.
The slow updates and customer service is the biggest drawback of these phones. If those aren't important to you then I would definitely get one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The slow updates and customer service is the biggest drawback of these phones. If those aren't important to you then I would definitely get one.

I haven't had to deal with their customer service (yet!); so I am admittedly a little worried about crossing that bridge if something happens.

vtua

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Lack of water resistance can be confidently added to the list of significant drawbacks. Their big hits, such as Mate 9, Honors 8 and 6X, have None.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Lack of water resistance can be confidently added to the list of significant drawbacks. Their big hits, such as Mate 9, Honors 8 and 6X, have None.

Significant drawback? No. But it'll be nice to have. Mate 10 will get it. Even my LG G6 has one, and I still don't like it getting wet.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

The monthly security updates are indeed slow and probably won't get every update. But they seem to release the major update faster than Samsung. At least with the Nougat update.