Main Camera on Snapchat is terrible.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
So I've come to conclusion it's either Snapchat itself or the p10 that when taking a pic with the main camera on Snapchat the picture is either blurred or really out of focus, but on my Nexus 5x it's awesome! Anyone with Snapchat get terrible pics when using Snapchat on the p10, the front facing camera works great though which is strange lol.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Yep totally fine outside of Snapchat, even Instagram with the main camera is ok but with Snapchat its really bad!

Anyone else with a P10 have this problem?

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same on Honor 9 (that uses the same configuration). Also when Zooming in and out, there is a noticeable huge lag ! And when filming with snapshat as a result I got something like a 15fps/seconds video... Nice camera outside Snapchat, Instagram included, but definitely something is wrong concerning Snapchat !

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
When zooming in on snapchat on the main camera I get a really blurry picture, and now I think it's doing it with the actual main camera as well without snap, I think my p10 might have a defect.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've come to conclusion it's either Snapchat itself or the p10 that when taking a pic with the main camera on Snapchat the picture is either blurred or really out of focus, but on my Nexus 5x it's awesome! Anyone with Snapchat get terrible pics when using Snapchat on the p10, the front facing camera works great though which is strange lol.

I was just checking out my friends note 8 and he has the same issue. His camera is awesome but in Snapchat it's terrible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was just checking out my friends note 8 and he has the same issue. His camera is awesome but in Snapchat it's terrible.
Oh that sucks. So it's an app problem on multiple phones. Hopefully the app developer will fix it soon

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I hear snapchat uses its own camera finder on androids phone vs the phone own camera like the iphone., Which why iphones snapchat pics are more clearer and better quality

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't hurt to ask though, I mean if you really want to know. Worse case they don't respond.
Android Central just released an article stating snapchat in Android will be rebuilt from the ground up. Hopefully this fixes the lag and poor image processing in the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21