03-23-2018 12:41 PM
94 1234
tools
    Yup! It's not a big deal to me most of the time, but I can certainly understand the frustration some users have with it.
    Definitely. It would be frustrating for people who uses their phone for business
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:51 PM
    Definitely. It would be frustrating for people who uses their phone for business
    Oh yeah! That's a good point.
    11-11-2017 05:14 PM
    Imagine missing a big meeting due to not getting your notificationz. Oh boy. Some one is fired lol
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:49 PM
    Yup very true
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:07 PM
    Imagine missing a big meeting due to not getting your notificationz. Oh boy. Some one is fired lol
    Nah, not fired at my work. I mean so long as you can prove that it wasn't intentional. But then after that, you would have to get another phone
    11-11-2017 06:09 PM
    Nah, not fired at my work. I mean so long as you can prove that it wasn't intentional. But then after that, you would have to get another phone
    Fired is a possibility. Even proving it wasn't intentional is not an excuse.
    11-11-2017 08:28 PM
    Fired is a possibility. Even proving it wasn't intentional is not an excuse.
    That would be up to the lawyers to decide. But an excellent employee with many years of experience should be able to make it through. Now one who is marginal having missed other things would probably be fired.
    11-12-2017 01:27 AM
    That would be up to the lawyers to decide. But an excellent employee with many years of experience should be able to make it through. Now one who is marginal having missed other things would probably be fired.
    Gonna bring the lawyers to this cause they got fired for knowing a meeting was due but you missed it and blaming it in your phone? Yah, don't ever seing that happening
    11-12-2017 01:37 AM
    I wouldn't blame this on the lockscreen, the bigger issue with Huawei, Xiamo, Oppo and others are aggressive battery management. They kill background apps and services effectively blocking/killing push notifications. This is a known issue and a reason many who depend on push avoid these phones.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-12-2017 07:40 AM
    Gonna bring the lawyers to this cause they got fired for knowing a meeting was due but you missed it and blaming it in your phone? Yah, don't ever seing that happening
    Guess we will just agree to disagree then. But some people bring lawyers in when they get fired if there's even a remote chance... And this seems like a more than remote chance to me
    11-12-2017 11:25 AM
    I wouldn't blame this on the lockscreen, the bigger issue with Huawei, Xiamo, Oppo and others are aggressive battery management. They kill background apps and services effectively blocking/killing push notifications. This is a known issue and a reason many who depend on push avoid these phones.
    Even apple does this on stock apps though. Maybe not as aggressive but my stock email app on my iPhone 7 Plus would frequently just stop updating until I opened it again
    11-12-2017 11:26 AM
    Oh right, that totally makes sense. It's a really good management of battery, when you think about it. Some sacrifice involved, of course, but still.
    11-12-2017 01:34 PM
    I haven't noticed not getting my notifications getting blocked. If true then this can turns a lot of heads away
    11-12-2017 06:18 PM
    Oh right, that totally makes sense. It's a really good management of battery, when you think about it. Some sacrifice involved, of course, but still.
    Good for battery. Not sure if I'd be happy about this tho
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-12-2017 06:20 PM
    I've heard good and bad about Huawei and the others over the years and of course a lot of good as well. Always been a bit tempted and this is now my first Huawei.

LastPass hasn't worked since I got the phone, but I was willing to accept that and hope for a fix with Oreo. Did find out that it was the battery management that killed the app in the background so now I have that working.

All phones have their strong and their weak sides, the important thing is that you should be happy with your own device. If Huawei does things you can't live with, maybe you have to use another phone .

BUT as Huawei and the others are have great success here in the West they are making attempts to improve their phones. We want to buy their phones and they are making sure that all the little things that annoy us are slowing going away .
    11-12-2017 11:23 PM
    I've heard good and bad about Huawei and the others over the years and of course a lot of good as well. Always been a bit tempted and this is now my first Huawei.

LastPass hasn't worked since I got the phone, but I was willing to accept that and hope for a fix with Oreo. Did find out that it was the battery management that killed the app in the background so now I have that working.

All phones have their strong and their weak sides, the important thing is that you should be happy with your own device. If Huawei does things you can't live with, maybe you have to use another phone .

BUT as Huawei and the others are have great success here in the West they are making attempts to improve their phones. We want to buy their phones and they are making sure that all the little things that annoy us are slowing going away .
    Every phones has problems. No phones are perfect. There's always room for improvement. Some fixes them faster than other. If you're not satisfied with your current phone, then go ahead and switch. Only you can find the best phone that suits you
    11-12-2017 11:45 PM
    In that case block all background apps... Even better battery management. Of course no notifications when sleep . But better battery life
    11-13-2017 02:10 PM

Well I certainly hope that they can make a revision to take care of this
    11-13-2017 02:11 PM
    Every phones has problems. No phones are perfect. There's always room for improvement. Some fixes them faster than other. If you're not satisfied with your current phone, then go ahead and switch. Only you can find the best phone that suits you
    True yes but at the same time we should not be giving up without at least trying
    11-13-2017 02:12 PM
    True yes but at the same time we should not be giving up without at least trying
    Yes, not every phone will fail. Try them out and you might even like it a lot
    11-13-2017 04:16 PM
    Yes, not every phone will fail. Try them out and you might even like it a lot
    That's true.
    11-14-2017 02:03 PM
    I've never really owned a bad phone. Maybe little slower than others but not a bad phone.
    11-14-2017 07:47 PM
    I've never really owned a bad phone. Maybe little slower than others but not a bad phone.
    You got lucky
    11-15-2017 02:06 PM
    I hope to stay lucky
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-15-2017 05:07 PM
    I hope to stay lucky
    The thing that normally happens to my phones after a while is a failing battery. Luckily that hasn't happened to me yet.
    11-16-2017 09:35 AM
94 1234