Why do notifications not pop up on my lockscreen?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I've heard good and bad about Huawei and the others over the years and of course a lot of good as well. Always been a bit tempted and this is now my first Huawei.

LastPass hasn't worked since I got the phone, but I was willing to accept that and hope for a fix with Oreo. Did find out that it was the battery management that killed the app in the background so now I have that working.

All phones have their strong and their weak sides, the important thing is that you should be happy with your own device. If Huawei does things you can't live with, maybe you have to use another phone .

BUT as Huawei and the others are have great success here in the West they are making attempts to improve their phones. We want to buy their phones and they are making sure that all the little things that annoy us are slowing going away .
Every phones has problems. No phones are perfect. There's always room for improvement. Some fixes them faster than other. If you're not satisfied with your current phone, then go ahead and switch. Only you can find the best phone that suits you

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh right, that totally makes sense. It's a really good management of battery, when you think about it. Some sacrifice involved, of course, but still.
In that case block all background apps... Even better battery management. Of course no notifications when sleep . But better battery life

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard good and bad about Huawei and the others over the years and of course a lot of good as well. Always been a bit tempted and this is now my first Huawei.

LastPass hasn't worked since I got the phone, but I was willing to accept that and hope for a fix with Oreo. Did find out that it was the battery management that killed the app in the background so now I have that working.

All phones have their strong and their weak sides, the important thing is that you should be happy with your own device. If Huawei does things you can't live with, maybe you have to use another phone .

BUT as Huawei and the others are have great success here in the West they are making attempts to improve their phones. We want to buy their phones and they are making sure that all the little things that annoy us are slowing going away .
Well I certainly hope that they can make a revision to take care of this

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Every phones has problems. No phones are perfect. There's always room for improvement. Some fixes them faster than other. If you're not satisfied with your current phone, then go ahead and switch. Only you can find the best phone that suits you
True yes but at the same time we should not be giving up without at least trying

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
How long do the phones go before you start seeing the battery dying?
Generally speaking you have to types of aging woes. All batteries will lose charge over time. It goes 8 hours on a charge, then 7.5 h then 6 h then 5 h and so on. Keep it charged and carry a battery pack and it's a very minor annoyance.

The bigger issue is when it can't handle the load. You have 60% battery and boot up a heavy app and the phone dies. This can happen due to a faulty battery very early or even with the best of batteries creep up over time.

On a personal note my Xperia Z3 went around 18 months before it was difficult to keep it charged. I didn't check Twitter and browse webpages on the morning train unless it was plugged in. Because I wanted it to stay charged over the rest of the day. Around the 24 month mark it started to die unexpectedly when the load became too much. And that's when I got a new phone!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
How long do the phones go before you start seeing the battery dying?

With my BlackBerry Bold 9780, it was probably closer to the 18-month mark.

My BlackBerry Q10 was fine! :) Had that for maybe 11-14 months. It lasted a while longer with my brother until it started to have battery issues/glitching.

My Nexus 5 was around the 12-14-month mark.

My LG G3 lasted maybe 4-6 months before the battery started giving me trouble. An update seemed to fix it but it came back and I suffered with it. Should've replaced the battery or something but I was never sure if it was software (maybe, since an updated stalled the battery issues) or a hardware issue.

And so far, my Honor 8 is doing well, at the 11-month mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007