Why do notifications not pop up on my lockscreen?

elenaban

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
I recently got the Huawei P10, and I'm quite frustrated with the notification settings. When I receive a notification on for example Messenger while I'm using my phone, it pops up at the top of the screens as normal. But then, when I lock my phone, my phone only vibrates but does not show a notification on the screen. I have to pull down the menu to see where the notification is from.

I would like to add that I have already researched this a bot and have activated "Display on the lock screen" for my wanted apps. Even so, the notification does not light up/pop up on the locked screen.

Is there anything I can do about it or is that simply how EMUI works?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know people complain about EMUI and lockscreen notifications. It seems EMUI will only show "new" notifications, so if you have 3 notifications and unlock your phone, the lockscreen will not show these. Only the new one's that comes in when it's locked .

I haven't had any issues, but it might be this that annoy you. If not it might be an issue with Messenger in displaying notifications.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know people complain about EMUI and lockscreen notifications. It seems EMUI will only show "new" notifications, so if you have 3 notifications and unlock your phone, the lockscreen will not show these. Only the new one's that comes in when it's locked .

I haven't had any issues, but it might be this that annoy you. If not it might be an issue with Messenger in displaying notifications.

I too was going to state this. If you get a notification while your phone is locked, and then you unlock it, said notification won't appear on your lockscreen again when the screen is locked. Same when you get notifications while your phone is locked. I've gotten used to it but yes, it still frustrates me a little at times.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I too was going to state this. If you get a notification while your phone is locked, and then you unlock it, said notification won't appear on your lockscreen again when the screen is locked. Same when you get notifications while your phone is locked. I've gotten used to it but yes, it still frustrates me a little at times.
Oh that sucks. Hopefully they will fix it in an update

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not so much a bug as it is a feature. I think it was my Xperia Z3 that connected lockscreen with regular notifications. Swipe away on the lockscreen and *poof* it's gone. Had a setting to turn that off, so that solved that.

Probably useful for some, didn't work at all for me. This EMUI solution isn't too bad for the way I use my phone. Not easy to build something that fits everyone. But in worse case you should be able to install a 3rd party replacement and solve it that way.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember this happening to my Honor phones. Maybe j wasn't paying too much attention to it. If it's a emui features then a different launcher can solve this

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not so much a bug as it is a feature. I think it was my Xperia Z3 that connected lockscreen with regular notifications. Swipe away on the lockscreen and *poof* it's gone. Had a setting to turn that off, so that solved that.

Probably useful for some, didn't work at all for me. This EMUI solution isn't too bad for the way I use my phone. Not easy to build something that fits everyone. But in worse case you should be able to install a 3rd party replacement and solve it that way.

You're right, I don't think it's a bug! I think my LG G3 still kept notifications "alert" even if my screen got unlocked after getting said messages. And while I do kind of see EMUI's point in this setting, I still sometimes miss random notifications; but it's not nearly enough that it's a big issue. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well it's a very annoying feature.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right, I don't think it's a bug! I think my LG G3 still kept notifications "alert" even if my screen got unlocked after getting said messages. And while I do kind of see EMUI's point in this setting, I still sometimes miss random notifications; but it's not nearly enough that it's a big issue. :)
Well they should give you an option to use this feature or not.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember this happening to my Honor phones. Maybe j wasn't paying too much attention to it. If it's a emui features then a different launcher can solve this
I don't remember this either but my honor phone isn't currently my primary phone

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Missing notifications can be a big deal if theyre important. I wonder why emui implement it like this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1